Author Topic: 70 Woodfield Street, Morriston, Swansea: 1891 census?  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 70 Woodfield Street, Morriston, Swansea: 1891 census?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Woodfield St appears to be unnumbered as far as I can see in 1891 :-\  (on F M P)

I think your family with mother Ann b 1849    b Morriston  may be living at
RG12  Piece 4473 Folio 32  Page  57

This is the ref.  1881 c RG11; Piece: 5354; Folio: 9; Page: 16
70 Woodfield St
John Syl THOMAS, Ann, Elizabeth, Hannah, John Humphrey, Thomas Sydney & Daniel

Ann 42
Sidney 17
Lizzie 16
Hannah 14
Humphrey 12
Daniel 10
All born Morrison Glamorganshire
Thank you for the 1891 census information, it would be exceedingly helpful if you could give the "GLA RG12" number from the apron, usually across the bottom of the image.

Many thanks, JohnG_Swansea.

Apologies for not adding the reference to 1891 census as Kay99 had already given the ref. no.
I just added the Thomas family names to show it matched with the 1881 census at 70 Woodfield St

This is the ref. on anc*y for the 1891 census
RG12
Piece:   4473
Folio:   32
Page Number:   57
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 70 Woodfield Street, Morriston, Swansea: 1891 census?
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you one and all,

I have this afternoon visited a local library and revisited my original research project, this time using the name of one of the children, rather than my usual protocol of using the name of the 'head of the household'.  Needless to say there was an instant hit on the image that has been mentioned above.

Having now had time to study the image more closely, I am at a loss to understand why my earlier search parameters failed to find this page.

Having said that, I thank you all for your various contributions to getting past this 'Brick Wall'.

JohnG_Swansea
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.