Author Topic: Elizabeth Flint (Nee Robson) born 1802 Corbridge and Edward Flint  (Read 985 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Flint (Nee Robson) born 1802 Corbridge and Edward Flint
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 12:06 GMT (UK) »
From your other thread
My father was John Hope born 1925 and lived in Great Harwood, Lancs, emigrated to NZ and died NZ 1981.
His mother was Elizabeth Ellen Flint born 1904, Lancs and died in NZ in 1990.
Her father was Edward Flint.
His father was William Flint born Liverpool, Mother was Elizabeth Robson and he married Ann Carter. It seems William's parents and family moved around a lot as his siblings were born in several different places including France.
I have found Alan Flint who lives in Lancashire who is my 2nd cousin once removed or 3rd cousin. We share the same great grandparents William Flint and Ann Carter, and I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. He contacted me a while ago and he's a very nice person. He's on Ancestry.

It is clear that your correspondent is looking at the same census as mentioned earlier, in Lancashire. This clearly shows Elizabeth born County Durham, as does the 1861 census.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 12:11 GMT (UK) »
From your other thread
My father was John Hope born 1925 and lived in Great Harwood, Lancs, emigrated to NZ and died NZ 1981.
His mother was Elizabeth Ellen Flint born 1904, Lancs and died in NZ in 1990.
Her father was Edward Flint.
His father was William Flint born Liverpool, Mother was Elizabeth Robson and he married Ann Carter. It seems William's parents and family moved around a lot as his siblings were born in several different places including France.
I have found Alan Flint who lives in Lancashire who is my 2nd cousin once removed or 3rd cousin. We share the same great grandparents William Flint and Ann Carter, and I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. He contacted me a while ago and he's a very nice person. He's on Ancestry.

It is clear that your correspondent is looking at the same census as mentioned earlier, in Lancashire. This clearly shows Elizabeth born County Durham, as does the 1861 census.

I agree but  I don't think it's my Elizabeth, all siblings have put on the various census they were born in Corbridge  so why should she say Durham? It's a pity in those days they didn't put the parents on the marriage cert.
Thanks
Allan

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 12:15 GMT (UK) »
I agree but  I don't think it's my Elizabeth,

Given the lack of evidence I agree  :-\
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 12:18 GMT (UK) »
I agree but  I don't think it's my Elizabeth,

Given the lack of evidence I agree  :-\

I wil see what if any proof i get, if I don't get any the search continues.