Author Topic: alexander brown irvine  (Read 527 times)

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
alexander brown irvine
« on: Tuesday 09 January 18 23:55 GMT (UK) »
I need some help with Alexander Brown Irvine born 28/10/1899, Blantyre dod 3/8/1973, he married Jane Kelly Goodwin. He had a sibling named after him, dob 19/10 1905, Blantyre, their parents names were William Irvine and Annie Cameron, their other childrens names are Joseph born 1896 died 1973, James 1896 died 1968, William born 21/7/1897 cant find a dod, Thomas 5/10/1901 no dod, Duncan 1904 died 1907, Annie 1908 died 1998, Susan 1917 died 1977.

On the 1911 census  10 children had been born to the parents but 7 were still alive.

Ann

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Wendy2305

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: alexander brown irvine
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 00:18 GMT (UK) »
I think the first Alexander brown Irvine died in 1901 as there is a infant age 2 of that name death in Blantyre and the next son to be born was also named Alexander Brown Irvine rather than having 2 sons of the same name that would account for 1 of the deceased children

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 21:08 GMT (UK) »
I downloaded the death certificate you mentioned, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I did look at it when I was in Edinburgh Register House, but seemed to been a bit blind. Thanks once again.

I am now looking for Alexander's siblings deaths, William born 1897, Thomas 1901 and George 1909.

Ann

Online Wendy2305

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 21:49 GMT (UK) »
There's a family tree on Ancestry with William stating he died 1968 in Blantyre and married Catherine Nelson in 1920 They don't have Thomas or George unfortunately

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 22:42 GMT (UK) »
I unfortunately not a member of Ancestry, I will take a note of the date etc, will look it up when I have a trip in to Edinburgh.

Thank you for your help.

Ann