Author Topic: Clarke family of Armagh  (Read 698 times)

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clarke family of Armagh
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 21:41 GMT (UK) »
That is great, thanks Hallmark.

I managed to download Alfred's birth certificate too, so very happy this evening.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Turner - Caernarvonshire, Denbigshire, Merionethshire, Shropshire & Staffordshire
Craig - Glasgow and Co. Antrim
Evans - Merionethshire & Caernarvonshire
Williams - Caernarvonshire & Merionethshire
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Other Certs might be there too...

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 January 18 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Hallmark. Thank you for your advice, I have found some more certificates, including the marriage of Henrietta. This has helped so much. proves a link to a Johnston family too. Thank you very much.
Turner - Caernarvonshire, Denbigshire, Merionethshire, Shropshire & Staffordshire
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 January 18 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Hallmark. Thank you for your advice, I have found some more certificates, including the marriage of Henrietta. This has helped so much. proves a link to a Johnston family too. Thank you very much.

No problem!

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 February 18 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all for your help on this, while looking for my Clarke family,  I found came across some more Clarke's who were shoe/boot makers. I am not sure if they are connected to my Charles Clarke of Barrack Hill, Armagh (b c 1846) or not. I think I also found the death for Charles father Peter, who died on 23/11/1886 at Callan Street. Informant was Charles Clarke.

For the benefit of anyone else researching Clarke family in Armagh, these others were:

John Clarke b c 1866 in Callan Street, Armagh, a Shoemaker. married a Margaret Jane McBride. His father was George Clarke, a Shoemaker, b c 1846.  Could George be a brother to my Charles I wonder? John and Margaret had at least 12 children. They lived in Callan Street, then Cathedral Close and finally Dawson Street.

George (Georgii) Clarke, a Shoemaker, b c 1832 who married an Ann Lennon. Could George be a brother to Charles Father Peter? They had at least 4 children, all born in Callan Street, Armagh.

William Clarke, a shoemaker, b c 1838 married an Elizabeth McCardle. Had a daughter in 1865 at Callan Street, Armagh. Is William another sibling of Peter Clarke, father of my Charles?

I hope this helps someone and thank you everyone for your help.
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 February 18 14:34 GMT (UK) »

I hope this helps someone and thank you everyone for your help.

That's very kind of you. :)

Maureen