Author Topic: 1921 UK Census NEWS  (Read 10549 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: 1921 UK Census NEWS
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 14 January 18 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Not too worried about the 1921 - grandparents on one side have already been followed on the Canadian 1920s census, and the other set of grandparents are thoroughly known. Not really prepared to pay more in subs, as, year by year there seems to be less for me to find on those sites, sadly. I think I ought to put my money into a crystal ball, might find those elusive and mislaid ones more easily that way!
If you find a reliable crystal ball, do share the details - I am sorely in need of one .......!!!

I'm hoping the DNA kit I've just ordered will prove to be at least in part a crystal ball - at least knock down a few brickwalls. No guarantee - I know.

As for the 1921 census - yes, its always nice to have additional information to search but I do wonder if we might be getting a bit carried away with this. As earlier posts say, the 1939 Register has helped considerably and there can't be that much that the 1921 census can add. The closer in time, the fewer households to look for. Not that it will stop me from looking, of course!  ;)
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline JAKnighton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 14 January 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Almost all of my great-grandparents were born between 1911-1921 so it will be great to see them living with their parents, my great-great grandparents, and get some more insight into their childhood.
Knighton in Huntingdonshire and Northamptonshire
Tweedie in Lanarkshire and Co. Down
Rodgers in Durham and Co. Monaghan
McMillan in Lanarkshire and Argyllshire

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 14 January 18 14:29 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking forward to 1921 to find out where some of my ancestors whose births I haven't been able to find,were actually born.Of course that's not shown on the 1939.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 14 January 18 14:47 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking forward to it coming. The main question for me is can I get all my branches up to date and compile a list of what I would like to know from the 1921 in four years! Don't know about you but I've got sidetracked over the years with 'exciting' offshoots ' and so some of my research isn't as well presented as others.
I'm currently on distraction therapy from getting things up to date as I'm helping a friend with their main branches and it's SO much more fun finding out things than typing stuff up - don't you find that - or is it just me .......
North East of England

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 14 January 18 14:58 GMT (UK) »

I'm currently on distraction therapy from getting things up to date as I'm helping a friend with their main branches and it's SO much more fun finding out things than typing stuff up - don't you find that - or is it just me .......

Definitely, especially when their trees are more interesting than mine! Changes of names, bigamy, desertion, transportation etc - none of that in my family, more's the pity.  :'(
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 14 January 18 16:38 GMT (UK) »

Definitely, especially when their trees are more interesting than mine! Changes of names, bigamy, desertion, transportation etc - none of that in my family, more's the pity.  :'(

I am also guilty of distraction from my trees, that is why I am always on here  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 14 January 18 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am also guilty of distraction from my trees, that is why I am always on here  ;D

Candleflame, definitely not just you, I'm exactly the same, much more fun researching than typing it up as you say! ;D

Jan, none of those in my tree either, rather than changing their names (although come to think of it there was one instance of that in my tree! ;D) its more that they have switched their christian & middle names around (numerous instances of this!!) ::) Caused me plenty of bother! ;D

I think I must be guilty of distraction from my trees too, as well as doing my tree I'm helping at least five other's with their tree's! ;D Keeps me busy I suppose! ;D

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 15 January 18 02:24 GMT (UK) »
I believe, someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong, but this will not apply to the Scottish 1921 Census.

It is held in the National Archives of Scotland and the Scottish Government will decide on its release date. That will probably mean that it will only be available at Scotlands People the same as the 1911 Scottish Census and not go out to the highest bidder.

It cannot come quickly enough for me but I had better not hold my breath at my age  ;)

Dorrie

I'm waiting for the Scottish one too Dorrie!  My Dad, 2 of his sisters and their parents came to NZ in 1924, and when finally I located them on a Passenger list, their last address before departure from was given as 12 Raploch Stirling.  ??? ??? ???  I've not been able to find out why they were there, as this family had lived in Glasgow, and I'd never heard of any other family living in Sterling.  I'm thinking that perhaps my Grandmother may have had relatives there, and maybe they were visiting them before they left!  That's my theory anyway - so roll on the 1921! 👍👍.

But possibility I might find them, still in Glasgow - where I know they had lived when my Dad was born in 1912.  But they could well have moved to Stirling! 

What we all need is a hot line to Heaven!! 🙏🙏
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 15 January 18 07:43 GMT (UK) »
I know where all my grandparents were living in 1921but it is my great uncles that I need to find so this will help fill in some blanks. At the moment some of them are not easy to find on the 1939register so it will help,fill in a few gaps.
Regards panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk