Author Topic: Weird problem with laptop since latest Windows 10 update  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Weird problem with laptop since latest Windows 10 update
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 January 18 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I use a Mac for most things but use a pc for Family Historian and some other things. The one that failed was one I used when watchng tv!
Have just got a replacement for that  so will be setting up tomorrow. On my phone at the moment as on the move ;D
My  Mac is in my workroom - ready and waiting. So I'm back to 3 .

Mac screens are what I go for though I don't like the bossy way it runs!!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 January 18 16:14 GMT (UK) »
I bought my MacBook Pro 2 years ago but haven't really used it much.  Took it to France two summers ago because if fitted so nicely at the bottom of the suitcase.  I like you kept my old laptop going because of Family Historian. 

However I have downloaded onto the Mac,Treeview and started to use it and it is actually ok.  Version 2 is better than version 1 which had various problems.  So far no problems and it does everything that FH does, just differently so I am going to persevere.  Apparently there is a way to use FH on a virtual something or other on a Mac but on FHUG there were too many different opinions and options and I just got confused.

I bought a CD for work last year for the latest version of Photoshop elements and found included, was a Mac CD too so have put that on the Mac, so I now feel right at home.  8)

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 January 18 17:03 GMT (UK) »
You can run Windows on a Mac, Kerry:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/how-run-windows-on-mac-vmware-boot-camp-virtualbox-3497251/

I know of lots of people who do and are quite happy. 

I prefer to keep them separate - I keep my Mac mainly for photos and art works but do tend to drift into other things  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***