Author Topic: I am looking for a birth in Murrayshire I believe  (Read 200 times)

Offline pincard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
I am looking for a birth in Murrayshire I believe
« on: Friday 12 January 18 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Can someone tell me under what part of Scotland I should ask for help. Thank you

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I am looking for a birth in Murrayshire I believe
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 January 18 19:53 GMT (UK) »
The county is Moray, and at one time was Elginshire.
Elwyn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pincard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 January 18 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you

Offline pincard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: I am looking for a birth in Murrayshire I believe Need more help please
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 January 18 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi itís a few years since I have used this site I  seem to be lost and feel a bit stupid.
I am just trying to request a lookup for a birth of Isobel Macdonald born 16th November  1914 in Moray. She married John Williamson Hutchison 4thJune 1938 and died Dec 1986 Tower Hamlets.
This is my second request but have a little more info. Now. I need to find her mother to be able to go back from her side,
Apologies but I canít even find the Scotland board of counties. Best I have a sleep I think.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 January 18 20:36 GMT (UK) »
You need to join the Scotlandspeople site. The births are viewable there (for a small fee). I see a possible birth for Isabella MacDonald in Edinkillie, Moray in 1914. Another might be Jean Isabella in Elgin. Youíll need to pay to view them to see which is correct.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search-our-records
Elwyn

Offline pincard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 January 18 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I do have some credits and shall check your suggestions. It was knowing the district to look in.