Author Topic: Mary Anne Kelly nee Carroll  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Anne Kelly nee Carroll
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Update: I have ordered the parish certificate and they have confirmed the parents of Mary Anne Carroll are indeed Owen Carroll & Elizabeth Weir both deceased in 1905

Her husband Thomas Kelly parents Michael Kelly & Mary Carroll also deceased.

Now the Weir connection is confirmed and I also now have a surname for Thomas's mother so thank-you all for your responses.
Researching Shiels/McGrane/Kelly/Carroll/Adamson/McGrane family history

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 January 18 09:46 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome - great to get an update
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 22 December 18 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Today I thought I had a break through finding Mary Anne Kelly burial place, I went to Glasnevin Cemetery and although I had DOD I did have an address and low and behold I got a grave number I was so excited.  I walked a bit to find ML64 the final resting place of Mart Anne to be saddened to see not even a headstone.

I now have a DOD as 10/01/1940 Also Glasnevin  said there was no owner of the grave as I asked where there any other names in record and they said no what does this mean?

TIA

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 23 December 18 00:12 GMT (UK) »
It was sorry I over looked  that,  I couldn't find it on the search.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 23 December 18 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Usually with Glasnevin  if there is no owner of the grave it means it is an unpurchased grave.
When the burial's took place family if any had 5 yrs to pay for the grave if not the grave was now the property of Glasnevin and could be sold on in later yrs.
I came across this some yrs back when i found a grave belonging to one of the wife's relatives an infant buried 1903 she was the sole occupant of that grave for 100 yrs , when i found the grave in 2009 it had a brand new headstone to a different family.
Inquiring at the office i was given the above explanation and that my wife's family could not put any marker's on the grave.

Offline Casabeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 23 December 18 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks makes sense with the grave I just realised that in 1940 my grandmother Mary Anne daughter was 7mths pregnant at the time of her death  her child born in the March then died that December so a hard year then followed by the death of two of Mary's sons George & Thomas Kelly in 1942 I think these are both in buried in Glasnevin so I'll get their Grave numbers next time I'm there,  I'm presuming if they were in Mary's plot they would have mentioned that yesterday.

So Mary listed one other son in William's military records James who was aged 1 and 1/4 in 1923. I can't find anything on James Kelly yet.

Thanks