Author Topic: Elisa Ann Higgins  (Read 419 times)

Offline mark foot

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elisa Ann Higgins
« on: Friday 12 January 18 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Elisa Ann Higgins was known as Annie. All I know about her was that she was born in Tatworth near Chard, Som and that she was a schoolteacher at Tatworth before becoming a lady's Maid. She did not marry. It would be nice to discover anything else about her as I can discuss with my father who had dementia but at times has good recall.Many thanks Mark

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elisa Ann Higgins
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 January 18 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Dates?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 January 18 23:30 GMT (UK) »
If she was born c.1867 parents George a police constable and charlotte, she is on all the census but not a teacher or ladies maid?

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 January 18 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Eliza Ann HIGGINS birth registration Mar qtr 1867 Chard 5c/503. Mother's maiden name RING, but I think this is actually KING, as George HIGGINS married Charlotte KING Mar qtr 1863  Sherborne    5a/544. Or maybe the marriage entry is incorrect?

Offline mark foot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 January 18 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Both her parents, George and Charlotte came from Bradord Abbas in Dorset, infact it is Ring but I guess the person who recorded it thought it looked like King. Many thanks.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 January 18 00:00 GMT (UK) »
I think George had been married previously (the son George who is with the family in the 1871 census - possibly birth reg Sep qtr 1859 Chard 5c/489 mmn EASON) George HIGGINS married Eleanor EASON Mar qtr 1852 Chard 5c/729? - though George would be a bit young.  :-\

George and Charlotte's marriage (shows George as widowed), his father: George HIGGINS, her father: also George RING
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KZM8-2CP

Offline mark foot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 January 18 08:46 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks. I had no idea that George had previously married. It might explain why his eldest son, George H only had his mother Charlotte when born. George and Charlotte marr in 1863. Do you know when Eleanor died or anything about her?

Offline mark foot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 January 18 09:19 GMT (UK) »
The 1863 marriage record shown on the Bradford Abbas OPC shows him as a bachelor but that of course may be incorrect either by accident or because George may have given false info.