Author Topic: Victoria BDM: Double birth/marriage registrations - which to order?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria BDM: Double birth/marriage registrations - which to order?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Sadly my CD of Victoria's Early Church Records published in 2012 by Vic Heritage [Vic BDM], which includes images, will not open.  I wonder if another 'chatter has the same CD?

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Westward

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria BDM: Double birth/marriage registrations - which to order?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 11:26 GMT (UK) »

...So, it appears if I were to order from the Vic BDM, I would order the 35459 record. However, Westward's suggestion of ordering a NSW transcript sounds eminently more sensible.

If you have anyway of accessing the library copies of the records, that would be the cheapest option (or accessing the CD mentioned by Cando). I don't know if your state library would do a lookup on the NSW films or the CD for you - could be worth an email.

The advantage of having the records in the Vic BDM  index (over NSW) is you get both parent full names on the index. You are fortunate to have the mother's maiden name as on many church baptism records this is not given. I doubt there will be much extra information on these  records, perhaps the occupation of the father/husband - I can think of little else that is not on the Vic Index.