Author Topic: Immigration help please.  (Read 1868 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration help please.
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 14 January 18 21:42 GMT (UK) »
That was information given to you in a previous thread by Heywood 21 April 2014 - good information and great discovery.
You need to research those names - Eliza may have remarried again (we would need to know what her marital status was if she did remarry)  and the family may have stayed together but under a different surname  ??? Obviously your Thomas and George moved into different households in 1881 but the rest are still a mystery.

Quote from: heywood on Monday 21 April 14 23:24 BST (UK)
I saw this earlier, having read your other thread and thought I would post it for information.

1871     5391/  33  / 6

7 Robert's Square, Merthyr

Eliza Bailey married 29 yrs born Glamorgan Glynn Heath / Neath
Thomas Bailey son 9 yrs born Merthyr
George son 8 yrs born Merthyr

Plus younger children- Ann 5 yrs, Daniel 2 yrs and William 6 months. Also
Mother Ann Davis and Brother Thomas.

I was unsure but have just seen that in 1862 there was a William Youd and an Eliza Davies on the same marriage page and a death for William Youd in 1864.

Regards
Heywood

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Retpara

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 14 January 18 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this Sandra missed that post will start research on this tomorrow. I know Eliza Davies married a William Youd but he died, she then married Joseph but the others I don't know about,
Thanks again,
Retpara.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 14 January 18 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Good Luck - Love to hear how you get on - you never know what further clues you could unravel

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada