Author Topic: LINK Register of the order of La Sagesse Mother House  (Read 738 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LINK Register of the order of La Sagesse Mother House
« on: Sunday 14 January 18 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Not quite sure that the religious life is classed as a profession as such but didn't know where else to post this and there may be someone else looking for records for twiglets on their tree who entered the order.

The Vendee Archives have a database (with images) online for the Register of Sisters who took their vows at the Mother House in St Laurent du Sevre

http://www.congregationsdevendee.fr/rechercher.php?menu=1

Go to the bottom of the search form and use the drop down list marked Lieu (de naissance) - place of birth, scroll to the end of the list you can choose Royaume-Uni (UK) or Irlande hit the Rechercher button.

UK gives 108 results, Ireland gives 7 (bear in mind that this database only includes dates of profession up to 1931 so older ones from Ireland may be included in UK results) Click on the line that says how many results and you'll get a list of them all with links in the last couple of columns
"Visuels' = images

Hopefully, someone else will find details of a relative, I have the register details of my OH's Great Aunt and also now know that the headmistress of my old school was born as Freda Irene :-) The things you find out on the internet!

Boo