Author Topic: Marriage John Kirk  (Read 822 times)

Offline Valerie A Newman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage John Kirk
« on: Monday 15 January 18 10:06 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a marriage of John Chr. 9th August 1745  St Philip’s B’ham married Rebecca about 1770- 1774 Son John Chr.27th May 1774 St Philip’s B’ham married Ann Gough 1804
Thank you for your help.
 Also parents of George Kirk born around 1717
Thank you for your time and help
Val Newman

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage John Kirk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 January 18 10:42 GMT (UK) »
A John Kirk married Rebecca Penn 3/7/1770 Uttoxeter St. Mary, Staffordshire (both shown of that parish) and one child baptised in Uttoxeter - Mary bp.18/12/1771.

I think this must be the couple who then move to Birmingham.   There is certainly no further trace of these 3 in Uttoxeter after 1771.

Rebecca Penn appears to have baptised in Birmingham 11/2/1743 so couple moved on to her birthplace.

You seem to be assuming that John Kirk was the one bp'd Birmingham 1745, son of George, but he could equally be the John Kirk bp.4/12/1743 Uttoxeter, son of Francis and Elizabeth.   Rebecca could have gone to work in Uttoxeter where she met the John Kirk born there in 1743, married him there 1770, a daughter born 1771 and then they move on to Birmingham, Rebecca's birthplace.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Valerie A Newman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage John Kirk
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 January 18 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your time, help and suggestions about John. some of the later members moved to Walsall in Staffs so my search has taken me in to a number of different areas.
 Thank you again  for your wonderful results.
Val