Author Topic: Seeking baptism of Eliza(beth) BOND abt. 1799  (Read 999 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Seeking baptism of Eliza(beth) BOND abt. 1799
« on: Monday 15 January 18 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, wondered if anybody could find the above, probably in Berkshire (Wokingham maybe) where the parents are William & Elizabeth Bond - he a silk weaver.

Also any other BOND baptisms between William & Elizabeth's marriage in Alton, Hampshire in 1794 and William's removal from Reading to Alton with 4 of his children (Mary 1807/Jane 1813/George 1814/James 1815 for whom I don't have baptisms) by settlement order in 1823 following Elizabeth's death in Wokingham in 1821. I am assuming that children born prior to 1807 would have been old enough to either have remained in Berkshire or already be married and settled. It's just possible that some of the children might have been baptised in Alton as they seemed to maintain links with their family who remained in Alton.

I have searched in all the usual places to no avail.  I know what happened to the family after 1823 and I know William's heritage so that info not necessary thanks - I could just do with an indicator of how many children were born to this couple and I am particularly looking for an Eliza(beth) who may be the subject of a dna match which I have.

Thanks, Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking baptism of Eliza(beth) BOND abt. 1799
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 January 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Baptisms Reading I can see.
Charles 22.7.1797 and George 8.9.1814
Alton
William 26 Dec 1794 and William 20 Nov 1811.

Can't see the others,sorry

ps others have gone for a Elizabeth Bond bapt 17 .4.1799 d of William and Elizabeth at Warwick St Mary which does exist but has no occupation for father.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Iffley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 January 18 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Baptisms Reading I can see.
Charles 22.7.1797 and George 8.9.1814
Alton
William 26 Dec 1794 and William 20 Nov 1811.

Can't see the others,sorry

Ciderdrinker

You haven't given the source for these facts.

Iffley

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 January 18 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Ok ,all four appear on Familysearch transcripts
The christening for Elizabeth at Warwick is on Ancestry and I have looked at the original for that.
There are lots of siblings for her at Warwick which suggest from the dates it is not the same couple.

Ciderdrinker

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 January 18 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Ciderdrinker beat me with those 2 baptisms! Just to add that George's baptism was in Reading St Laurence and his father William is described as a weaver. Charles' baptism was in St Marys, Reading - no additional information, other than parents names.

I don't know if its relevant but will pass it on in case - there's a baptism for an Elizabeth Bond in St Marys, Reading 21 jan 1795, daughter of Aaron & Jane. It looks as if Elizabeth had a baseborn child baptised 29 June 1812 at St Marys. Aaron & Jane had a few more children baptised in St Marys as well.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 January 18 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for those replies.

I think I can probably discount the Elizabeth bapt. in Warwick as there are other siblings which just don't fit my timeline.

I had thought that Elizabeth 1799 would be a child of William and Elizabeth but I guess I could go for a niece, perhaps daughter of a brother Aaron?  I have yet to find an Aaron Bond associated with my Bond family from Alton but did stumble across a brother Robert recently so there's still time for an Aaron to appear.  Perhaps I will go down this route and check Aaron more thoroughly.

Thanks again, Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire