Author Topic: Births and daily life in the Enniscorthy Workhouse/can anyone help?  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Births and daily life in the Enniscorthy Workhouse/can anyone help?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry's RC parish records are courtesy of NLI.
In other words exactly the same set of records but they are free on NLI however easier to search on Ancestry.

Irish Genealogy will have images of all Civil Regestration hopefully before the end of the year. Civil Registration of Births and Deaths started in 1864 so there will never be any earlier.
Civil Registration of non Cathoilic Marriages started in 1845 all marriages from 1864.

Enniscorthy Parish
http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0593

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 10:40 GMT (UK) »
thankyou Hallmark, chinapaddy and Sinann
Re: the civil registers i have been looking at on Irish geneology; I meant the records that have an image, i haven't worked out how to access the records that refer you to volume and page (mostly earlier records).

Geraldine96

Images for those that only have volume and page (mostly earlier records) will have Images eventually
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline geraldine96

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 January 18 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info Sinnan and Hallmark. That's extremely useful for everyone tryng to trace Irish ancestors.
 I can look forward to more easy to access original 'images' of records; hooray! I might finally work out my Irish background...Really good info from Rootschat..Glad I turned to you for help. Thanks Geraldine96