Author Topic: Ancestry Genetic Communities  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Genetic Communities
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 21 January 18 18:02 GMT (UK) »
From the postings I've read, it seems to me that some people don't know that Oxford Scientists conducted a large genetic study a few years ago and published their very interesting findings with graphs, diagrams and explanatory notes.  Many online newspapers such as the Telegraph and Mail Online plus other websites reflect the news.

url link:    http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldz/

In recent years extremely large uninhabited cities have been found deep under the Kalahari and Sahara Deserts.    Where did these people head to?  There's a diagram on this page which shows the route northwards.

"Irish people originate from the MIDDLE EAST: Celtic DNA shows farming led to a 'wave of immigrants' entering Ireland 4,000 years ago

Researchers analysed DNA from remains of four people found in Ireland
    Stone Age farmer woman is thought to have had dark hair and brown eyes
    Three Bronze Age men genetically closer to modern Irish, with blue eyes
    The findings show that that waves of people that made it to Ireland's ancient shores helped to shape the modern genetic identity

url link:-    http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldy/
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 January 18 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Heywood.

Only my 36% Great Britain is broken down into Southern England the other %ages of Ireland, Scandinavia and the Iberian Peninsular have no further breakdown at all and I assumed that I had to do something along the lines you suggested to retrieve this.

As there is no breakdown for the rest I assume it is not able to be defined further.

Have some people got a breakdown for more than their highest % area then?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 21 January 18 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rena,
I’ll have a look at that.
I had seen this https://owlcation.com/stem/Irish-Blood-Genetic-Identity which you might want to see.
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jill, as my family have been very boring in there movements the Genetic Communities are not telling me anything new.
My mothers family came from Suffolk and moved towards London based on all my paper trails, and comes up as 74% Great Britain, and appears in the 'Southern England' community, sub divided into the 'East Anglia & Essex' and 'Southern England' regions.   
For my father his family came from south London (with one line of irish roots) and then East Sussex coast, he is showing as 39% I/S/W, 29% Europe West and 25% Great Britain, and again appears in the 'Southern England' community, sub divided into 'South East England' region.
As you can see they both follow the paper trail, but don't add anything new, I would have liked some clues to the known Irish connection but no joy :-)

Richard
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex
Funnell - Sussex
Streeter - Sussex
Coates - Sussex
Maisey - Surrey

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:44 GMT (UK) »
One of my relatives has no genetic communities at all!

Offline Jill Eaton

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 12:54 GMT (UK) »

For my father his family came from south London (with one line of irish roots) and then East Sussex coast, he is showing as 39% I/S/W, 29% Europe West and 25% Great Britain, and again appears in the 'Southern England' community, sub divided into 'South East England' region.
As you can see they both follow the paper trail, but don't add anything new, I would have liked some clues to the known Irish connection but no joy :-)

Richard

Your father's breakdown is very similar to mine. Although I now live in rural Cambridgeshire, I was born in South East London with both sets of parents and grandparents also from the same area

It's the gt gt grandparents that start to filter in from further afield - Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Leicestershire, West Yorkshire, Devon, Essex and Ireland

Back another generation and Cambridgeshire gets added to the mix.

I'm hoping the DNA connection to Ireland will be revealed at some point by a Ancestry DNA match.

My ethnicity estimation is 40% Irish/Welsh/Scottish, 32% Western Europe and 25% Great Britain with 3% Europe South. This is from Ancestry

My MyHeritageDNA mix is not identical but I can't remember what it is without looking.

Davis - Berkshire & London
Sutcliffe - Yorkshire & London
Harrington - Ireland and London
Fuller - Cambridgeshire and Essex
Waldron/Waldren - Devon & London
Frisby and Lee - Leicestershire
Hollingsworth - Essex
Williams - Ireland? and London
Ellis, Reed & Temple - London
Lane - ?
Surplice/Surplus - Cambridgeshire
Elwood - Cambridgeshire

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 14:36 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if it's because we're American, but neither my husband nor I have anything labeled Genetic Communities, but we both have groups under Migration.  I have one, and my husband has two.  All of them fit with the paper trail, but they don't cover every branch of our trees.