Author Topic: Edith Mildred Taylor, Belfast  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Mancunian194

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Edith Mildred Taylor, Belfast
« on: Thursday 18 January 18 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to find out about an Edith Mildred Taylor who died 11th June 1965, aged 53, and was buried on 14th June 1965 in plot C5 417, Dundonald Cemetery, Belfast. This plot is also the grave for Helen Drysdale Peffers (17/03/1876 - 08/03/1948) who married Gilbert Dempster Taylor (born 8th March 1874 in Haddington).

I know about Helen & Gilbert but Edith is new to me. FindMyPast has a birth in 1913 for an Edith M Taylor but I don't know if this is the same one as I don't have full access to FindMyPast.

Can anyone help me understand who Edith is and why Edith & Helen are sharing a grave?

Regards

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edith Mildred Taylor, Belfast
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 January 18 21:04 GMT (UK) »
You can look her up on Civil Reg

Birth results for edith taylor from 1913 to 1913

Displaying results 1 - 2 of 2.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ld8/

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ld9/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Mancunian194

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 January 18 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for that; didn't know of that site. Now need to work out the relationship between Helen and Edith!

Regards

Offline Mancunian194

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 January 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Are you able to transcribe the place of birth address (16 ??eaph Street) in the second link?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 January 18 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Iveagh St.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 January 18 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Is she possibly their daughter,
I see they are in Cumberland in 1911,with one son
and is that your Gilbert's death in Carlisle in 1937,
Helens probate was granted many years after she died to her son,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 January 18 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Possibly a niece? If not a child. Or a daughter in law

Supposedly in Ireland a graveplots belonged to whoever retained ownership of the house

What do you know about Helen and Gilberts son Ernest? Did he marry?

The death certificate is available for a small fee of the GRONI search, and will tell you who the informant is and place Edith lived as well her marital status, which could help a lot!
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 20 January 18 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Supposedly in Ireland a graveplots belonged to whoever retained ownership of the house
Not always true for churchyards and certainly council cemeteries, such as Dundonald, will have rules in place to determine ownership of plots after last registered owner is deceased.

Taylor Helen Drysdale of 78 Donegall Park Avenue Belfast widow died 8 March 1948 Administration Belfast 25 September to Ernest Dempster Taylor architect. Effects £275 7s. 5d.
Not probated until 1956.

Which leads to this record solving the mystery of Edith Mildred Taylor  :)
Belfast News-Letter, 7 Aug.1944: HELEN’S BAY WEDDING Taylor—Milliken The wedding of Mr. Ernest Dempster Taylor, A.R.1.8.A., only son of the late Mr. Gilbert D. Taylor, of Stanwlx, Carlisle, and of Mrs. Taylor, Bannside, Cregagh, and Miss Edith Mildred Milliken, elder daughter of Mr. and Mrs. S. E. Milliken, Roseville, Craigavad, took place on Saturday at Helen’s Bay Presbyterian ...

Milliken Samuel Edmund of Roseville Craigavad county Down secretary died 25 August 1947 at College Park East Belfast Administration Belfast 29 October to Ethel Winifred Sheals widow. Effects £1068 0s. 2d.

Belfast News-Letter, 9 Mar.1948: TAYLOR— March 8. 1948. Helen Drysdale. widow Gilbert Dempster Taylor (of Carlisle), and loved mother of Ernest Dempster Taylor, Roseville, Cralgavad. House and funeral private.

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 20 January 18 09:09 GMT (UK) »
A bit more  :)

Belfast News-Letter, 1 Sept.1938: MISS ETHEL MILLIKEN, L.R.A.M., L.T.C.L. ROSEVILLE, CRAIGAVAD. Has resumed tuitions in PIANOFORTE, and may be interviewed daily, 4—6 p.m, (Saturday, 10 —1 p.m.) from _th September at the Studio, 54, WELLINGTON PLACE. Preparations for all examinations...

Belfast News-Letter. 25 Mar.1941: ... eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. H. T. Sheals. Arden, Balmoral, Belfast, and Ethel W. Milliken, L.R.A.M.. L.T.C.L., younger daughter of Mr. and Mrs. S. E. Milliken, Roseville. Craigavad.

Belfast News-Letter, 28 Aug.1947: LATE MR. S. E. MILLIKEN The funeral took place yesterday afternoon from Roseville, Craigavad, to Dundonald Cemetery of Mr. Samuel Edmund Milllken. The chief mourners were Messrs ...

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!