Author Topic: Birth Registration  (Read 2482 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Registration
« Reply #18 on: Friday 19 January 18 05:00 GMT (UK) »
10587 is the clue, surely and 1924 would likely be restricted access so perhaps not available to counter staff. .

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline screwlooose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 19 January 18 05:27 GMT (UK) »
You could be right. I was just a little perplexed that There was some info missing or the fact that the mum went through a convent may have meant that something was missed. I suggested she apply online. Not as the daughter but fill it in as if her mum was. If they ask for any documentation she can supply it, even though I'm not sure what they could use. Her mum is too old to into the city. She has her mums marriage but that doesnt directly connect u to ur birth, unless u have an unusual name. I suppose they can use the extract as some form of documention if required.
As I said I thought I was missing something. I have never tried aussie ones. All mine have been UK and I have never had a problem. Except the pile of wrong marriage certs but I think we all have a pile of 'wrong' ones. LOL
Duane
Broughton London
Phillips-Broughton London

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 19 January 18 05:34 GMT (UK) »
You can apply for a full birth certificate from BDM Vic online.  I had to do it just before Christmas to prove I was me when I sold my house.  I had only ever had an extract and that wasn't sufficient for them.
I was lucky enough to be able to apply fully online, they were doing a trial.  I had to give them my drivers licence number and Medicare details and it arrived quickly.  It was great.  Otherwise you have to get copies of documentation, take them and your mother, to a police station to get someone to agree that it is you and then send them with a copy of online payment to bdm.  If you go in your mothers place I believe you would need something saying who you are and that you have your mothers permission to deal with them.

Added: just checked and it looks as if the trial is over.  A list of acceptable documentation to get the certificate is here.

https://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/about-us/proving-your-identity
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 19 January 18 05:43 GMT (UK) »
likely medicare card can be part of ID  plus other offical records but that is between the elderly lady and the bdm to sort.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline screwlooose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 19 January 18 06:00 GMT (UK) »
Yep, well, they will have to work through that. Her mum would have nothing from list 1. Might be able to get a couple from list 2, medicare card, (not sure if she got a marriage cert reissued). you would think at 90 odd, she would have a pension card. So list 3 is covered.
Sometimes u wish u had never started. We all go through that though. Sad thing is that it is sooooo much harder, just coz her mum is alive. Wonder if u could apply for it and tick the dead box??
just silly.
Thx to everyone for all their imput.
Broughton London
Phillips-Broughton London

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 19 January 18 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Do you know what might have happened in 1953 that Olive May GILBERT (or her daughter b. 1924?) needed some paper record of the birth, and a very abbreviated extract suited the purpose?

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 19 January 18 07:22 GMT (UK) »
I have an "Extract" of Entry issued in Victoria

The information given is
the date of issue of the extract; this one also shows it was issued by the Office of the Govenment Statist, Melbourne
"Re application Fol"  - a 6digit number
MEMO

According to to the Registers in this Office

Judith, (second forename, surname)
was born at (Melbourne suburb)
on (date)

The official Number of the entry is xxxxx/xx
V H ARNOLD, Governemnt Statist

At the bottom of the document it states that, if applying for a full certificate, the Application Folio No and the Official Number are to be quoted.

I realise, as this extract was issued in 1963 that further identifying documentation may be needed now.

In response to Wivenhoe my 'extract' was needed to enrol at Teachers' College in 1963.  I did not hold any documentation before that. Interestingly the full certificate I have is dated 1986 but I had a passport by 1968 so heaven knows if I had an earlier full certificate.

My full certificate gives the usual details but the registry number is the one listed on the extract as the Official Number

Judith  :-\
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 19 January 18 10:05 GMT (UK) »
You didn't need a full certificate in days gone by for a passport as I had a passport but only an extract.  Yes I needed mine for teachers college too.  When I went for my licence my birth extract was still with the powers that be, so my mother gave a stat. dec as to my birth, Dad couldn't do it as he wasn't there.  (That's what they said!).
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk