Author Topic: Julia Anna Derwith  (Read 2000 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Julia Anna Derwith
« Reply #18 on: Monday 22 January 18 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Your thread is under Ireland, maybe start a new thread in Wales and include a link to this thread so people can see what has already been found??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline wdytya

• RootsChat Senior
  • wdytya
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 22 January 18 12:35 GMT (UK) »
I thought I might have to do this but took advice from a Rootschatter who has posted on this and was told to keep it in the Dublin thread.  Not sure how to make a link between Dublin and Glamorgan posts. Perhaps a Moderator can advise me if to continue with the Dublin thread or start a new one in Glamorgan??  Sorry but a bit confused what to do now as I do not wish to break any rules etc.
Dewis - London
Garmonsway - London
Craze - Dunster
Francis - Hilperton
Llewellyn - Cardiff & Pembroke

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 22 January 18 12:45 GMT (UK) »
The vast majority of what you need will be in Wales, not Ireland, so if you start a thread in Wales just include this link

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=786090.0

in your post.

Am sure you will get a far better response on Wales board. You will not be breaking rules.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Caroline Reece

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 05 November 20 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Ernest was adopted & was known as Ernest Reece & he married Beatrice. They were my nana & grandpa & lived in Port Talbot. They had 5 children. Ernest(my father), Iris, Haydn, Violet & Gwynne. Only Violet & Gwynne are alive now. Julia was my great grandmother & died 2 years before I was born.

Offline Caroline Reece

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 06 November 20 16:54 GMT (UK) »
On my grandfather’s birth certificate Julia is listed as Julia Kearney nee Dowd. The father is listed as John Kearney. They lived at 27 Clarendon Street in Dublin. My grandfather was born on 15 September 1894. She brought him over to Wales when he was 3. However in the 1901 census John Kearney is still living there with a wife called Ester & a son called Patrick who was one at the time. I think my grandfather was her 1st child. He was born in Rotunda Hospital in Dublin. I don’t think she was married to John Kearney. We have only just found out that she was known as Julia Anna Derwith. We knew about the Garrett side of the family. My cousin found that she may have been known as Julia McDermott as well but I don’t know if that is true or not

Offline wdytya

• RootsChat Senior
  • wdytya
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 30 January 21 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the interesting information about Julia Derwith/Kearney/Dowd/Mc Dermott, so many names I wonder why. I have sent you a private message which I hope you will receive so we can share information.
Dewis - London
Garmonsway - London
Craze - Dunster
Francis - Hilperton
Llewellyn - Cardiff & Pembroke