Author Topic: Birth Record Egypt 1836  (Read 303 times)

Offline Lumley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Birth Record Egypt 1836
« on: Saturday 20 January 18 19:21 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to obtain a birth record for my 2nd gt grandfather who was born in Alexandria, Egypt around 1836. (I have a name for his father but not for his mother). He came to the UK at some stage and was married in Birmingham in 1878. I can trace family after his arrival, but nothing before that date. The UK census states ''Born in Egypt (British Subject)''. Does anyone know where I can apply for his birth record? Any help would be very much appreciated. I have been searching for this for many years.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lumley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Record Egypt 1836
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 January 18 13:10 GMT (UK) »
His marriage certificate.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.