Author Topic: edward davies dob 01/11/1867 and William Frederick Davies dob 29 016 1872  (Read 675 times)

Offline StDavids

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
edward davies dob 01/11/1867 and William Frederick Davies dob 29 016 1872
« on: Saturday 20 January 18 23:29 GMT (UK) »
I would like to find more information on these 2 brothers, born in Merthyr Tydfil.
They are the last children of John Davies (landlord of the Crown Hotel in High St Merthyr) and his second wife Mary Ann.  I can see these 2 boys on the 1881 census.
Their father died in 1883 and their mother in 1888.
I cannot find any definite trace of Edward subsequently and can only find WF Davies on the 1891 census -where he is staying with a relative in Merthyr and is described as an auctioneers clerk.
Any help with tracing them further would be appreciated.

(I have been able to trace all the other children of John Davies but that doesn't help me with these two)

Offline heddwch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: edward davies dob 01/11/1867 and William Frederick Davies dob 29 016 1872
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 January 18 18:36 GMT (UK) »
ops sorry  need my glasses lol
Maeer - Devon and Glamorgan
David - Cardiff Pontypridd
Astley -Merthyr Tydfil
Newland- Hampshire
Jones -Treherbert Rhondda
McCarthy - Cork & Cardiff
Pellow  -  Cornwall

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: edward davies dob 01/11/1867 and William Frederick Davies dob 29 016 1872
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 January 18 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Sorry but nothing to do,with your query, but what is "heddwych",I ask because when my second son was very small he would draw fantastic pictures,we never said "what is it "because he would get so frustrated
that we did not know, so we always asked him to"tell us all about it ".
Invariably there would be at least one hedwidge-- we did not have a spelling of course but it sounded like that.
There used to be a children's programme "Pobol y cwym".That may be wrong but it is 54 years or more ago. Although we were not in Wales we could get it on Granada or BBC.
He never could say what it meant to hiim so we never found out.

Whatever it was to him will of course not be what heddwych really means .,
 Just curious,but whatever it was there were at least two of them at his depiction of The Battle of Hastings done when he was nearly six but he had drawn them for a couple of years before that.They were just matchstalky figures,nothing much to make them differ from other characters in his drawings.
Cheerio. Viktoria.