Author Topic: Richard Lawrence - B.1715 in Stow in Lindsey, Lincs  (Read 924 times)

Offline TessieWessie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Lawrence - B.1715 in Stow in Lindsey, Lincs
« on: Sunday 21 January 18 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Please can anyone help me in researching the above Richard Lawrence born in 1715 in Stow-in-Lindsey.  Richard had a son born in 1747 and this son married an Elizabeth Crowder born somewhere in Lincolnshire in 1747.  Richard and Elizabeth moved to Stickney in Lincolnshire where Richard's occupation was as a farmer.  They had 9 children all of whom were born in Stow in Lindsey.

One of these children was also called Richard Lawrence. born in 1775 in Stow in Lindsey, married an Isabella Groose in Stickney in 1803c., and  he died in 1820 age 45 in Stickney.

I would love to discover more info  about the original Richard born 1715 i.e.. who he married?, what his occupation was etc.

I am assuming that a local church would have records going back as far as 1715 and I have tried looking on a well known site, but it won't allow me back in as they keep telling me my e-mail address is already registered ( which is probably me but there is no way of explaining that to them).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

TeWe

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Lawrence - B.1715 in Stow in Lindsey, Lincs
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 January 18 15:43 GMT (UK) »
FreeReg has the baptism of a Richard Lawrence in Stow in Lindsey 7 August 1715, father Thomas, abode Sturton. Register notes state that he is the twin of Joshua.

There is also a possible burial 26 June 1789.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 January 18 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Richard Lawrence married Hannah Coe 30 August 1742 in Stow in Lindsey.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline TessieWessie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 January 18 15:57 GMT (UK) »
My goodness its coming thick and fast now!!!!!  Thanks once again Emelton. :D

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 January 18 14:54 GMT (UK) »
https://www.lincstothepast.com/Records/RecordDisplayTranscript.aspx?oid=827519&iid=280268
left hand page 8th down. The baptism of the twins.

There is also a will for Richard Lawrence at Stow in the Lincolnshire Archives. "Reference Name LCC WILLS/1850/219"
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline TessieWessie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 January 18 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,  Sorry I was too quick to respond regarding the Will.  The Will I have a copy of was that of a later Richard whose Will was registered in Stickney.  He was the Richard who died at 45.

I have tried to look up the info on the twins you gave me but find the lincs site quite confusing and difficult.I will try to work it out, in the meantime thanks again for Will info too.

TeWe