Author Topic: William J Bruce & Georgina Craigens  (Read 2534 times)

Offline WestcoastBruce

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William J Bruce & Georgina Craigens
« Reply #27 on: Monday 22 January 18 04:04 GMT (UK) »
Gordon Drysdale Bruce is the younger brother of Herbert Evans Bruce - there is a middle brother William (George) Bruce.  I don't believe that Georgina Bruce ever lived in Trial - she resided in Vancouver, but the 3 boys - at one point - all resided in Trial.  Willaim J. Bruce - does anybody know what the "J" stands for?

Offline Bilcor1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 22 January 18 08:58 GMT (UK) »
The William J Bruce is the one married to Georgina Gray not Peter Bruce & Barbara Buchan's son also Gordon, William, & Herbert had a brother Andrew Buchan Bruce died in infancy in Peterhead

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 22 January 18 10:21 GMT (UK) »

William was living at the same address as a Gordon Drysdale Bruce in Trail BC, one of the witnesses.  It seems Gordon might be another brother.

In 1937,  a 16 year old Gordon Drysdale Bruce crossed the border to Washington State USA with his brother Herbert E for a short visit. Canadian contact was his mother Georgina Bruce of Trail BC. She perhaps moved there after William's death? Both Willam George and Gordon seem to be in the voter's lists for the area for a number of years.

PB

Gordon Drysdale Bruce is the younger brother of Herbert Evans Bruce - there is a middle brother William (George) Bruce.  I don't believe that Georgina Bruce ever lived in Trial - she resided in Vancouver, but the 3 boys - at one point - all resided in Trial.  Willaim J. Bruce - does anybody know what the "J" stands for?

Welcome to RootsChat Westcoast Bruce

Are you related ?

The William J Bruce who married and lived in Fergus Montana was William James Bruce according to his WW1 Draft (you need to be registered and signed into family search to view the record.)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-817P-9ZZQ?i=1182&cc=1968530

The border crossing which Polarbear quoted for George Drysdale Bruce born Vancouver  - arriving 5 September 1937 Northport, Washington does say Georgina Bruce lived in Trail BC (even though that is "ditto" from the info above)

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline WestcoastBruce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 22 January 18 21:23 GMT (UK) »
I am related to Herbert Evans Bruce. My recollection is that Georgina Bruce did not leave Vancouver after William Bruce died - George Bruce and Gordon Bruce moved to trial for work - then Herbert joined them.