Author Topic: Marriage of Patrick Redmond and Anne Flynn.  (Read 5961 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Patrick Redmond and Anne Flynn.
« Reply #27 on: Monday 22 January 18 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Stav01,

So has all this work just been to confirm that there were two John Redmonds, one of whom survived and he is your relative and one died who wasn’t your relative.
Yet we still haven’t found the one who died, other than his birth nor have we found the birth of his brother William.  :-\

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 22 January 18 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Ah but .... this thread says he is your relative

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=786241

Would you just explain so that we don’t feel as though all this was in vain.  ::)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 22 January 18 09:51 GMT (UK) »
I think Stav01 is trying to prove that Mark Redmond, father of John and Patrick Redmond father of John who died 1914 are related, which is why it was the Redmond Flynn marriage that was asked for.

The problem as I see it, apart from not finding the marriage is proving the John Redmond born Jan 1894 is the same man that died in the war, they were born in the same place but is there a record of age for the John who died in the war, plus we can't find his brother William to confirm parents names.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 22 January 18 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that is what I thought might be the case and have been trying to establish that.
Mark Redmond’s father was John, a tailor.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 22 January 18 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Clara Redmond b 1877 Ballyfane/ Ballyfan Wexford to Patrick and Ann nee Flynn

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1877/03007/2102218.pdf

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 22 January 18 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Two other children born to Patrick Redmond and Ann/e Flynn:

William b.4/7/1884 Duncormick, Wexford
Bridget b.18/4/1883 Park, Wexford (informant was mother, address shown 'no residence').

There does not appear to be a death entry for the William b.1884 so would suggest that this is the brother referred to and not the 9yr old with a Michael Redmond with aunt/uncle Neill in 1901 (the 2 'nephews' might not necessarily be brothers).

Narrowing timeframe down, marriage of Patrick and Anne must have been 1877 or before.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 22 January 18 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette,

I found another two through baptisms - Anne and Patrick in late 1870s. Not sure now if we have listed them previously.
The couple seem to have moved around, one of those found was also ‘no residence’.
Stav01 might have all those and just trying to confirm the marriage which is all that is asked  :) and the right John.

Heywood

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 22 January 18 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Two other children born to Patrick Redmond and Ann/e Flynn:

William b.4/7/1884 Duncormick, Wexford
Bridget b.18/4/1883 Park, Wexford (informant was mother, address shown 'no residence').

There does not appear to be a death entry for the William b.1884 so would suggest that this is the brother referred to and not the 9yr old with a Michael Redmond with aunt/uncle Neill in 1901 (the 2 'nephews' might not necessarily be brothers).

Narrowing timeframe down, marriage of Patrick and Anne must have been 1877 or before.

Annette   

Looks good Annette, can you say where you found the William and Bridget births?

Offline stav01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 22 January 18 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for all your help. So a number of years ago I became really interested in WW1  and was really suprisedto find through novice research that a soldier born in  Duncormick had the same surname as my mother. I assumed with a look at the census that it was John born to Mark & Elizabeth 1895 . But when I asked my uncle about John he told me that he died in the 1950s and is buried locally. So I had this otherJohn born in duncirmick 1894 to Patrick and Anne. I know johns has a brother William that tallys now and his military record states that his place of residence was Rahaspic Co Wexford. That's now also is supported by the fact  that his brothers seem to live in rahaspic during the 1901 census. If both parents were already deceased . Then the children could have been split up between relatives.  For me I'd like to confirm the relationship. But I've visited his grave twice in Flanders and honoured his memory at the menin gate. Thanks for the help everyone. You have given me loads of new leads.