Author Topic: PLEDGER Family - Devon England  (Read 1514 times)

Offline rbell35

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PLEDGER Family - Devon England
« on: Monday 22 January 18 00:51 GMT (UK) »
Seeking family of my great auntie Ethel May PLEDGER born on 14/8/1917 in London. She died in December 2002 in Teignbridge, Dev. Anyone with information or are related to Ethel are keenly sought. It would be great to hear of my long lost cousins! Thanks cheers Rob.

Offline Lostris

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • diebus numerati sunt
    • View Profile
Re: PLEDGER Family - Devon England
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 January 18 09:03 GMT (UK) »
If I'm correct (from the GRO Indices), her Father was Henry J Pledger & her Mother Ethel B Cowan ?

I have a raft of Pledgers originating in the Saffron Walden & also Suffolk areas, who moved into the Walthamstow district in the early/mid 1800s - but no Henry J it seems.

Do you have names of previous generations at all ?

There is a lady who has extensive Pledger trees online (inherited from a Peter Pledger) - I believe it was her lifes work to meld -9- distinct family groups from Suffolk, Essex & E.London to try & find a common Ancestor - she even wrote a book on the exercise !

I have lost touch over the years, but if you want more I will try & find an email address  ... in the meantime try googling for the book !

Kind Regards.

A quick google found this - amongst other references to the book I mentioned ...

https://saffronwaldenhistoricalsociety.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/family-history-pledger.pdf