Author Topic: George Whitty 1926 - 1929 Dublin  (Read 2379 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
George Whitty 1926 - 1929 Dublin
« on: Monday 22 January 18 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone can find baptism details for this George Whitty, please? Or am I looking for too recent records?

Name:   George Whitty
Date of Registration:   Jul-Aug-Sep 1926
Registration district:   Dublin North
Birth Country:   Ireland
Volume:   2
Page:   363
FHL Film Number:   101230

I am pretty sure this is his death:
Name:   George Whitty
Estimated birth year:   abt 1927
Date of Registration:   Apr-May-Jun 1929
Death Age:   2
Registration district:   Dublin North
Volume:   2
Page:   245
FHL Film Number:   101737

From https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1929/04937/4341843.pdf
the above death is a George Whitty who died 29 May 1929  of acute gastro-enteritis & convulsions aged 2 and a half, of 26 Upper Abbey St. Informant was member of Temple St Hospital staff, not a relative.

I am trying to found out if the above George above is the child of this marriage:
Party 1 Name   BRIDGET ALLEN
Party 2 Name   GEORGE WHITTY
Date of Event   08 June 1921
Group Registration ID   1235452
SR District/Reg Area   Dublin
Registration District   Dublin North
Volume Number   2
Bridget Allen of 4 irvine Cottages, George Whitty, sailor of 17 Irvine Terrace. Witnesses James Allen, Elizabeth Allen [bride's siblings]. Church of St Laurence O'Toole.

Death of Bridget Whitty in 1932
Group Registration ID   1453129
SR District/Reg Area   Dublin North
Deceased Age at Death   42
Death cert shows of 4 Irvine Cottages, wife of a fireman, died 18 May 1832 of acute mania, cardiac failure at Grangegorman Mental Hospital.

Seems that child George was of Upper Abbey St & Bridget always of 4 Irvine Cottages though her parents lived in Irvine Cottages as well so perhaps she had moved back there? ? Also that George snr was a sailor in 1916 but the child's father was a fireman. Thanks for any help. Josey

ADDED: Bridget Allen was born in 1882 so age is out on death registration - maybe she had lied on marriage to George snr.

Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Whitty 1926 - 1929 Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 January 18 13:33 GMT (UK) »
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/civil-records/help/what-civil-records-are-on-line

The Indexes to the Civil Records of Irish Births, Deaths and Marriages date from 1864 with non-Roman Catholic Marriages recorded from 1845.

The years covered by the release of the historic Indexes to the Civil Records of Births, Marriages and Deaths are:

Births: 1864 to 1916

Marriages: 1845* to 1941

Deaths: 1864 to 1966

*non-Roman Catholic Marriages are recorded from 1845, Roman Catholic Marriages are recorded from 1864
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 January 18 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Ah, thank you Hallmark, I will have to send off for a copy of the birth certificate then. I understand you can get research photocopies for €4?
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 January 18 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Ah, thank you Hallmark, I will have to send off for a copy of the birth certificate then. I understand you can get research photocopies for €4?

No.

You get a photocopy of ORIGINAL cert for €4.00

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 January 18 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Are you in Ireland?

Know anyone in Ireland?

You can get photocopy at any Registry Office in Rep of Ireland there and then.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 January 18 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Hallmark, I am in Yorkshire but do have some contacts in Ireland. Will ask them. I see now, the €4 price is for a photocopy rather than an endorsed copy?

Ah thank you dathai, so sailor and fireman  ;); child George being George Whitty & Bridget's son looking more likely then.

ADDED: I see no sailings after listed after 1921 [year of marriage] as that is the end of the indexed records.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 22 January 18 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Hallmark, I am in Yorkshire but do have some contacts in Ireland. Will ask them. I see now, the €4 price is for a photocopy rather than an endorsed copy?

Yes!

If I needed a Cert for Legal Purposes like getting a Passport I'd need the Parchment one which also contains an embossed stamp on it.

Otherwise a photocopy of the Cert on ordinary paper suffices for Genealogy purposes.

There is no such thing as a "Research Copy".   

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 22 January 18 15:37 GMT (UK) »
I only used the 'research' term because I thought I remembered seeing it on an order form downloaded from the GRO site, sorry.

George Whitty snr died 10 May 1955, ex seaman of no fixed abode aged 74 widower.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1955/04431/4157849.pdf

ADDED: There is probably a story behind 'of no fixed abode'.....