Author Topic: Austin Frederick Rodgers & Edith Mary Wells, married 1/10/1909 S. Africa  (Read 1747 times)

Offline doidy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Austin Frederick Rodgers & Edith Mary Wells, married 1/10/1909 S. Africa
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Yes please. I don't know at what stage we can make contact directly or if that would be easier for you? I know I achieved it once, am not very good on this site.
Thank you Doidy

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 January 18 08:30 GMT (UK) »

Hi

Here is the link to Bunn's Estate.  There are a number of documents just move through the images.   His Will is there as well as the distribution account.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS9G-SSRP-Y?i=1118&cc=2520237&cat=188051

Sue
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline doidy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 January 18 15:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
Many thanks for that link. I haven't had time as yet to fully peruse all it says. Thank you to for arranging direct contact, which might be useful.

I am replying on here because as you said "other people might be able to help"?

This morning a lady from my genealogy group gave me two printouts re Austin Rodgers. On proved to be incorrect as he was born abt 1897, he was London Regm though.

The second was correct. It shows Austin Fred Rodgers born 1883 Street, Somerset. He was taken prisoner of war in Zebst in 1918. Now his nearest of kin is shown as Mr R Rodgers (almost certainly a bro, despite his father still being alive). This makes me wander if first wife Edith Mary had already died??????? That might of been a very short marriage as they didn't marry until 1909. 

I don't think the link above showed the date of second wife Emily Gladys nee Francis's first marriage? We know her first child was born in 1911 though. Sort of strange her first husband left money to the first son, despite him only being 13 & not to the youngest son?

It is slowly knitting together.

Thanks for your ongoing help. Doidy

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 29 January 18 11:58 GMT (UK) »

Do you know where Austin and Edith Mary married?  It could narrow down the search.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline doidy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 29 January 18 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi.

Austin & Edith Mary married at St. Alban's, Pretoria in 1909.

It is the marriage of Austin & Emily Gladys Bunn nee Francis that I can't find?

The only clue I have is Austin also died in Pretoria (as well as his first marriage), so imagine it will be there or not far from there?

Many Thanks Doidy

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 11:40 GMT (UK) »

I wonder what the chances are that Autsin and Emily also married at St Albans?