Author Topic: What was Frisworth's maiden name  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What was Frisworth's maiden name
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:33 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, cant find anything definitive, but Frisworth Mason of Whissendine does look a good bet, especially as she named her first daughter Ellin and her mother was Eleanor. 

Frisworth may also have had a sister named Eleanor baptised in 1719 (no mother stated unfortunately) who married Thomas Glover by licence in 1749.  They married at Teigh but it was also noted in the Whissendine register as they were both of that parish.

I also spotted a burial at Whissendine 6 Jul 1701 - Frisworth Mason a child of John Mason, Yeoman

Not sure if its the same couple as they'd both be quite an age, but Eleanor Mason w/o John was buried at Whissendine 3 Oct 1761, and a John Mason of Whissendine was buried 14 Feb 1765, leaving a will (proved at the Consistory Court of Peterborough), which I believe will be held at Northamptonshire Archives.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Ah Jomor,

You are the gift that keeps on giving and I thank you so very much. :) :) :) :)

Frisworth is my maternal 7th great grandmother and a very important step back for me.

Regards,

Westy

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:39 GMT (UK) »
I also spotted a burial at Whissendine 6 Jul 1701 - Frisworth Mason a child of John Mason, Yeoman

Matching baptism seems to be 20 Mar 1697, Friswid d/o Jo Mason & Elleanor his wife
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm wondering if Frisworth Floor and Frisworth Mason were related in any way as the name is so unusual. Four entries above the burial for Frisworth in 1701 is the burial for Frisworth Floor a farmers wife on 17 June 1701.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:46 GMT (UK) »
Very good point Gail and thanks so much.  You and Jomot have been so incredibly helpful.

Westy

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:51 GMT (UK) »

Matching baptism seems to be 20 Mar 1697, Friswid d/o Jo Mason & Elleanor his wife

Jomot,

Where did you locate the baptism please? FindMyPast or FS

Westy

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm wondering if Frisworth Floor and Frisworth Mason were related in any way as the name is so unusual. Four entries above the burial for Frisworth in 1701 is the burial for Frisworth Floor a farmers wife on 17 June 1701.

Gail where did you locate the record please???

Its proving challenging

Westy

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:59 GMT (UK) »
I have a Rutland Parish CD and found the burial on there then looked for the baptism, which was transcribed as Frances(?).  I think FindMyPast just have it as F? Mason, but if you look at the image you can make out the name Friswid.

I'm also still very uncertain about that 1765 will and have found another one in 1735.   The 1734 burial has this John as a Farmer, which perhaps sits better with the 'Yeoman'. 

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Westy it's in FindMyPast
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley