Author Topic: Inbound travel to Scotland - 1925 - 1935?  (Read 294 times)

Offline ccaufield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Inbound travel to Scotland - 1925 - 1935?
« on: Tuesday 23 January 18 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I'm still working to piece together some details for a particular family member - Richard Craddock Gray (b.10 OCT 1892). I have birth, marriage (both), Canada Immigration, divorce and death records, but I am hoping to fill in some of the story. 

We know he arrived in Canada in 1924, and left shortly after, likely between 1925 - 1930. He resurfaces in the records again in 1944 with a divorce & second marriage. What we don't know is exactly when and why he left Canada, or what he did until 1944 (except for that he picked up the trade of being a slater). Any idea how I can fill in some of these blanks? Does Scotland have records of inbound boat travel from 1925 - 1935?

Thank-you!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • R.I.P
    • View Profile
Re: Inbound travel to Scotland - 1925 - 1935?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Scotland's - Return passenger Lists records would be the same as those in the UK collection.

Also posted on Canada

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=786327.msg6416057#msg6416057

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 21:10 GMT (UK) »
      Richard Craddock Gray married Catherine Boon at Townhead, Glasgow in 1944.      This is on ScotlandsPeople site.
Searching for Bap of Edward Worels born 1826 Hollingbourne, Kent

Offline ccaufield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 21:24 GMT (UK) »
      Richard Craddock Gray married Catherine Boon at Townhead, Glasgow in 1944.      This is on ScotlandsPeople site.

Hi there - I've got that information. It's specifically 1925 - 1944 I am trying to fill in. Thanks!

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
    There is a Richard Gray, a Plater at 1135 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow on the 1935 Valuation Rolls.
These only go up to 1935, and they give very little information.
Searching for Bap of Edward Worels born 1826 Hollingbourne, Kent