Author Topic: Help finding marriage or death  (Read 5002 times)

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding marriage or death
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Just realised that the son’s birth was registered - as Thomas - before they were married. And the GRO is showing mmn as Turberville.

what do u mean son was registered as thomas before they were married ?

and i thought it didn't give mother madian name until 1912 ?

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:06 GMT (UK) »
how do you know francis mother was a turberville as can't see that on his birth on the GRO

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Just found the couple in 1911 but not the possible son. Can’t post 1911 details but doesn’t look like the right person sorry 😫  as she wasn’t born in Gloucester. Matches the death though.

Unless of course she had a reason to add a few years to her age and amend her place of birth 🙄 Sorry, looked to good to not be right ....
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:10 GMT (UK) »
how do you know francis mother was a turberville as can't see that on his birth on the GRO

It’s on the GRO with the reference i gave JunQ 1909, Cardiff, 11a, 354
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:11 GMT (UK) »
ahh yes it is a good match with the rest thou lol... no seem a bit much to alter her name . birth year and birth location ,,, but thank you for looking

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:15 GMT (UK) »

i checked this and does not show his mother madden name as they didn't give them until 1912. maybe cause its in his middle names . but its not the right one now lol ..

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:18 GMT (UK) »

i checked this and does not show his mother madden name as they didn't give them until 1912. maybe cause its in his middle names . but its not the right one now lol ..

The full entry is shown on the GRO website and mother’s maiden names are given from 1837. A - for the maiden name indicates an illegitimate birth. Are you looking at freeBMD not the GRO site?

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:21 GMT (UK) »
There isn’t a birth for a May Jennie Quigley Dorothea Turberville in the 1860s and while a good number of births were unregistered at that time i still feel that she may be the lady you are looking for.   

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:26 GMT (UK) »

oh yes very interesting ,, i see it now ,,, handy to know

The full entry is shown on the GRO website and mother’s maiden names are given from 1837. A - for the maiden name indicates an illegitimate birth. Are you looking at freeBMD not the GRO site?