Author Topic: Help finding marriage or death  (Read 5005 times)

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding marriage or death
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:41 GMT (UK) »
i could not find her in the 1901 to confirm her brith place

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:44 GMT (UK) »
her death shown is 47 yeas which is 1865, i wonder if it was transcribed wrong and it should say age 42

Could she be .... May Jennie Quigley Kathleen Dorothea Turberville 😀, of 24 Mordew Rd, daughter of Thomas Edward Turberville. Married William Henry Thomas at St John’s, Maindee, Newport, Monmouthshire on 4 Dec 1909?

Her father was deceased, and an ironmonger.

William was a widower, a gentleman, of Victoria Park Rd, Cardiff

but when i found the death for this lady it says she was born 1865? but no birth for her with this name

How do you know her death if you didn’t know her married name?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:51 GMT (UK) »
i know her birth year is 1870

i checked the death year of
May Jennie Quigley Kathleen Dorothea Thomas which shows this lady died in 1912 aged 47 which gives a birth year of 1865 not 1870 unless her age was not 47 but 42 which would give a birth year of 1970

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:53 GMT (UK) »
If the Francis HCPT Thomas is her son, he married twice.... in 1934 to Millie R Davies (in Gower, Swansea) and in 1951 also in Swansea to a ? Griffiths.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:53 GMT (UK) »
but cannot find them in the 1911 census which would confirm her brith place

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:54 GMT (UK) »
i know her birth year is 1870

i checked the death year of
May Jennie Quigley Kathleen Dorothea Thomas which shows this lady died in 1912 aged 47 which gives a birth year of 1865 not 1870 unless her age was not 47 but 42 which would give a birth year of 1970

Apologies, I hadn’t found her death 🙄

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:55 GMT (UK) »

No I can’t either, but it does look like her, esp with the father’s name and occupation matching.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Just realised that the son’s birth was registered - as Thomas - before they were married. And the GRO is showing mmn as Turberville.

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:01 GMT (UK) »

No I can’t either, but it does look like her, esp with the father’s name and occupation matching.

yes i must say it is a good match even tho her name changes some ,, but her mothers maiden name being Quigley. and her father being Thomas Edward and an iron monger,