Author Topic: Annie Roberts 1890 father David Roberts  (Read 575 times)

Offline nigels

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Roberts 1890 father David Roberts
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 January 18 07:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone - this is the puzzle

At the wedding Proverbs signed the marriage certificate as witnesses perhaps David her father did not come from Wales for the wedding. That is a positive I guess.

Now on the wedding certificate David's occupation is Joiner so that would tie in with David/Mary but Annie's age would be wrong, but the name is spelt correctly Annie.

David and Grace has more of a Warrington feel but father a wheelwright (not a joiner), and name Ann not Annie. The age is more correct, and I guess a wheelwright is working with wood. The naming convention mentioned is very positive. If I was assuming this one would seem very interesting. And the fact you kindly found Ann Roberts close to Warrington in 1911 and only 3 miles from her known residence at her wedding in 1912.

The other positive the person I am working with was lots of Roberts DNA matches with Roberts families from Wales. Thanks for the ideas something for us to work on.

The mystery continues...

Thanks
Nigel

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nigels

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 January 18 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Even more exciting proof looked at David and Grace in 1911 and they made a right mess of their census even listing the dead children. David was a wheelwright in a quarry and his son was a joiner. On the census Ann is now Annie and listed as a "general servant" . This is great we now have an Annie as a servant . They listed all their children ( some crossed out dead ) so not worried that Annie is listed with being back home in 1911 and in Walton as a servant.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Marj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 January 18 11:49 GMT (UK) »
This could be her birth registration.

Births Jun 1890 

Roberts Ann  Conway 11b 480 mmn Jones

Marj

Census information Crown Copyright from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Moran, Healey, Gouldbourn, Drury