Author Topic: Marriage and/or 1841 census for Morgan Davies  (Read 1540 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage and/or 1841 census for Morgan Davies
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 January 18 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Senior moment! Who brought up your 2xGreat Grandmother?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 January 18 00:05 GMT (UK) »
My 2xG Grandmother seems to have been raised by various members of her mother's family. 

She was with one maternal aunt in 1851, but that family moved to Ohio later that same year and by 1861 she is with another maternal aunt but listed as a servant.   

She moved to England in the early 1870's but seems to have maintained a connection with Aberdare as several of her English born sons moved there in the 1890's and then on to Ohio, so I'm trying to find & connect various people across several generations.  Easy!  :-X
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 January 18 00:12 GMT (UK) »
 :) And her name was?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 January 18 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Ann Davis/Davies mmn Thomas. 

1851 with Ann Jenkins at Moss Row, Aberdare & 1861 with John & Catherine Adams, also Moss Row.

I think I've found one brother who survived - Thomas Davies, also at Moss Row in 1851 aged 7 & with his Grandfather David Thomas, but I cant find him after that. 

There was another son David, born 1846 & possibly died also 1849, and a daughter Gwenllian born in 1840 (before they married) & probably died the same quarter - death cert on order.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.