Author Topic: John Stevenson married Christian Ormiston January 1826, Cambuslang, lLKS, SCT  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Stevenson married Christian Ormiston January 1826, Cambuslang, lLKS, SCT
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 14:00 BST (UK) »
Orontes,
Spotted your update.
So glad you were able confirm the info and continue with your research.

( haven't been on RC very much lately. Been working on my DNA results)

Good Luck
Hi Anne, Like yourself, I havent been on roots at all since February and like you am working on my dna and that of my daughter who has the Stevenson, Ormiston and McArthur etc dna. the Scottish lines.  It is so time consuming.  Hope you have some luck with yours.  My English family is coming through for me and my daughter. Thanks for spotting Christina Campbell.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: John Stevenson married Christian Ormiston January 1826, Cambuslang, lLKS, SCT
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 03:19 BST (UK) »
Hi both
I missed out on the 3 free days of Ancestry was going to look for more links to.my aunuts dna on C Chaplin s sitems

We have identified some b children and grandchildren of her Cambuslangcousin s

I've put.my #detail on a  on  & will add when I can
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi both
I missed out on the 3 free days of Ancestry was going to look for more links to.my aunuts dna on C Chaplin s sitems

We have identified some b children and grandchildren of her Cambuslangcousin s

I've put.my #detail on a  on  & will add when I can
Hi Brigid who are your Stevensons in Cambuslang.I must add to the Stevenson tree on my dna tree on ancestry and will do one on myheritage for my daughter as well.
Edie

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 06:52 BST (UK) »
My grandma Mary blain Stevenson b 1903 one of 3 daughters of Charles Stevenson miner turned alcohol distributor after an accident

On hol not got dates places with me .now it am after recent relatives who moved to France but I don't know marrI'd name .private message me if you are on  Ancestry message me or Catriona and we will mlook at match and trees

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 07:24 BST (UK) »
My grandma Mary blain Stevenson b 1903 one of 3 daughters of Charles Stevenson miner turned alcohol distributor after an accident

On hol not got dates places with me .now it am after recent relatives who moved to France but I don't know marrI'd name .private message me if you are on  Ancestry message me or Catriona and we will mlook at match and trees
She would be born after  our lot left for Australia. about 50 years in fact.  I wondered if  anyone in Cambuslang ever heard from from the family in Tasmania.  Will private message you soon.
Edie

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 15 July 18 13:58 BST (UK) »
Look forward to hearing from you soon.I will try and get my paper work in order .I know that my lot emigrated around 1930s with assisted passagesteering but may have known cousins already out there .

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 05 May 19 22:58 BST (UK) »
My line is from Charles Stevenson born 1784 Barony ..married to Mary .

His father may be Alexander John Duncan Stevenson b1745
Dna matches show several distant cousins have surname Ormiston on their trees .

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 11 May 19 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hello again
Update
Dna to my  aunt whose  mother was Mary Blain.
gmother was Mary mckay married Charles stevenson Shettleston miner

Has shown some links to GRAY names

And a lot to Shettleston with no mutual names so must be thru female line or illigitamacy

Also
Fionski and I have worked out that our grandmothers grandmothers were sisters .I.ve added her photo about 1912 of isabella and mary Blain girls with a cousin Effie ..maybe Stevenson on my tree

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 11 May 19 22:57 BST (UK) »
The Gray's owned the pits in Shettleston, (Carntyne) & the Monkland canal was built to break their monopoly. Buried in the crypt of Glasgow Cathedral!

Skoosh.