Author Topic: Schools in Cold Ash Thatcham Berkshire  (Read 567 times)

Offline Hucklebury

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Schools in Cold Ash Thatcham Berkshire
« on: Saturday 27 January 18 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I was at a primary school in Cold Ash called Ridge House in the early 1950's. I have tried to find out any history of the school but there seems very little on the net. Can anybody provide any info on this school, I would be very grateful . When I was there the head teacher was Ms Wilder and we were taught may subjects including French and Knitting!  I know it is now demolished and houses built on the site. I have a few odd  photos of the school at that time  which I would happy to share with anybody interested.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Schools in Cold Ash Thatcham Berkshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 January 18 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat ;D

Have you been in contact with the Thatcham Historical Society as they seem the obvious ones who could have more information for you http://www.thatchamhistoricalsociety.org.uk/
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Hucklebury

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Schools in Cold Ash Thatcham Berkshire
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 January 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for getting back to me. I shall definitely get  in touch with them to see if they can help.
Thanks again.