Author Topic: G.H.Q. Troops 30 Jan 1916  (Read 366 times)

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
G.H.Q. Troops 30 Jan 1916
« on: Saturday 27 January 18 18:49 GMT (UK) »
I hope someone can help, I have found out that the 9th Batt (Glasgow Highlanders) Highland Light Infantry were posted to G.H.Q. Troops in France on 30th Jan 1916 before being transferred to 100th Brigade of the 33rd Division in May that year.  What I would like to know, is where were they stationed and what sort of duties did they have being with the GHQ troops

Thank you

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: G.H.Q. Troops 30 Jan 1916
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 January 18 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Their war diary fror that period is here http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7351970 downloadable for £3.50 also to be found on Ancestry use keyword 1347 in diaries, no other entry,  (Jan 1916 starts at image 536).

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: G.H.Q. Troops 30 Jan 1916
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 January 18 20:02 GMT (UK) »
MaxD

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester