Author Topic: William MASON & Mary Ann MARSHALL 1845  (Read 516 times)

Offline PJWELLS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William MASON & Mary Ann MARSHALL 1845
« on: Sunday 28 January 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
A William MASON & Mary Ann MARSHALL married in Dublin South 14-10-1845, how can I obtain more details ?  The data comes from the IGI. Also identified Qtr 1 Vol 5 page 281 that I assume could allow a record to be ordered from Ireland. But this is a long shot, and I am not really sure what other information would be on the certificate/record.
If had a short list of Parishes for the Dublin South registration district, I could look in an appropriate site to see if the church record exists.
Can anyone help or advise.
If it is the couple I am hoping it is they had a son Robert W born in Ireland  circa 1852 (information comes from an 1861 England census) They would have been in the late 20's early 30's William likely to be English Mary definitely Irish, possibly associated with the Army, but no real evidence for that, only that he worked with horses.
Thank you

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William MASON & Mary Ann MARSHALL 1845
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 January 18 13:20 GMT (UK) »
You can find it in the civil indexes here and order a photocopy of the record https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/
Those records have not yet been transcribed it is still just indexes.
It should be helpful in giving you fathers’ details and occupations.

The same site has Parish records but I can’t see your couple or the birth.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William MASON & Mary Ann MARSHALL 1845
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 January 18 13:51 GMT (UK) »
The last word from Irish Genealogy is that they hope to have images of all Certs online by the end of 2018 but that may be too long to wait so ordering the photocopy would be quicker.