Author Topic: John King b 1815 in Ostend, Flanders  (Read 1568 times)

Offline sparkler

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John King b 1815 in Ostend, Flanders
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 January 18 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you TreeSpirit, I wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of understanding all of this. I can understand the Family Search doc as it's in French! but the rest is beyond me, so thanks for the explanation.
There is no mention of Ireland on this Ostend stuff, which I find a bit worrying as the roots were in Ireland not England. The Corsham , Wiltshire idea doesn't seem to fit.

I'll try to find something on Richard King, mariner in case this throws any light on the matter.
This is my mum's line and her DNA shows 85% Ireland and 11% Europe West, so perhaps this is her little bit of Europe!
Thanks so much for your time

Kathy
Lovel(le)from Claremorris, O'Neil from Mayo, Barrett(Sligo) in 1820's and 30's then Holywell. .Mason from Biggin,Selby,Brayton,Hambleton,  Yorks  and Rodgers Crofts from Sheffield area; Bardens from Yorkshire and Oldham, Buckley Wood, Lancs/ Yorks,and Walsh, Oldham

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 January 18 20:28 GMT (UK) »
I also found the King connection in Brugge but discarded it because Brugge is not Oostende and England is not Ireland plus the fact that there were no King's in Oostend in the 1814 census. However, there just HAS to be a reason as to why on the 1861 census his birth details suddenly changed. There's a mystery to be solved here........ Is it possible that on the previous 2 census he gave the misleading information????

Offline sparkler

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 10:08 GMT (UK) »
TreeSpirit, I found the Richard King, mariner, and there is no possibility that this is my family as he was nobility and mine are on the whole scavengers LOL, so I think i'll leave him out of my tree.
Thanks anyway :-[
Lovel(le)from Claremorris, O'Neil from Mayo, Barrett(Sligo) in 1820's and 30's then Holywell. .Mason from Biggin,Selby,Brayton,Hambleton,  Yorks  and Rodgers Crofts from Sheffield area; Bardens from Yorkshire and Oldham, Buckley Wood, Lancs/ Yorks,and Walsh, Oldham

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:55 GMT (UK) »

Nobility who married a humble tailor's daughter?