Author Topic: Christiana Munro, daughter of John and Margaret. Who were they?  (Read 12163 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Munros of Ross & Cromarty
« Reply #81 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:11 BST (UK) »
Somewhere across these various threads I think I recall mention that Christina was by herself at Botany when she died ....

Here's the Sydney Morning Herald announcement
Funeral Announcement for Christina:
The Friends of Mr Edward EVERSON are invited to attend the Funeral of his late beloved wife, Christina; to move from his residence Botany, near the Half-way House ….

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/28418610     SMH 10 Feb 1871

JM 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Christiana Munro & Edward Everson, Wollombi NSW
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:11 BST (UK) »
Is this her death?

1894/1871 EVERSON  Christianah father JOHN died REDFERN REDFERN

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:17 BST (UK) »
I wonder whether her mother was Isabella, given that she was Scottish she may have followed the traditional naming pattern for children.

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:19 BST (UK) »
Her death notice, 1st column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article18752095

Funeral, 1st column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article28418610

Jamjar

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:32 BST (UK) »
 :)

(Re contacting Uni of Newcastle who may well hold the original parish registers, including the family sheets)

:)  If you email them and attach copies of both the 1985 NSW BDM issued certificate and the January 2017 official transcription as per your upload on the thread on the Sutherland board,  I would expect them to appreciate the 'gaps' and find someone to help.    I live at Nords Wharf, which is around 50 minutes or so from the main campus for Newcastle Uni.  I rarely go to Newcastle but I have downloaded the images of the 1840 marriage and IF I do go into Newcastle, I will try to find spare moment to look up.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=786759.0 already mentioned  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:48 BST (UK) »
I have no idea which thread to post the following info on,  but this may be useful re Christina's family in 1870s ...

NSW electoral roll 1870 CANTERBURY
Edward EVERSON, leaseholder, Botany
Robert EVERSON, at Everson’s, residence, Botany
John EVERSON, at Eversons, residence, Botany.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:55 BST (UK) »
I should mention that the marriage cert does NOT show the marriage as for St Johns, Wollombi.   
From the NSW BDM's codes: https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/early-church-codes.aspx
MR
Church of England
Oakville; Whittingham; Wollombi
The document seems to point to Whittingham (Wittingham) rather than Wollombi or Oakville parishes.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/12873652 Sydney Herald 11 Feb 1842.  Grant by governor of NSW for land for church, glebe etc at Wittingham.    Note, it has not ever been a requirement in NSW for a marriage ceremony to be performed within a Church building.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Sunday 12 August 18 08:57 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=420616.0

:) Greg, 

Some questions for consideration

:) How sure are you that the lass who married Edward EVERSON is your lass ? 
 :) If you are researching the wife of Edward EVERSON, how sure are you that she arrived on the Lady McNaughton rather than the lass in the thread linked above ?   I realise that the NSW BDM death registration for Mrs Everson gives her father's given name as John, but that is information that is informant driven, and her father's name does not seem to be recorded on her 1840 marriage cert that you have uploaded.... 

I will see if I have spare moments during this week to follow up further on the info I posted on that thread for the earlier enquiry for Mary, re Bonded Servants.

JM

ADD  NSW Archives, digitised passenger list  :) for the other Christiana MUNROE arriving Feb 1839 .... just a fortnight after Greg's lass...
http://indexes.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.aspx?Page=NRS5313/4_4780/James%20Moran_11%20Feb%201839/4_478000099.jpg&No=2

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Of Irish, English, Scottish & German.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Sunday 12 August 18 09:43 BST (UK) »
Majm. This is the correct Christiana Munro (not the James Moran one) because I have the links to her via my grandmother, Thelma Cassidy, whose mother Matilda was the daughter of Richard Cassidy and Isabella Stevenson Everson, daughter of Christiana and Edward Everson.
Smith, Munro, Perrin, Doyle, Wilkinson, Dewhurst, Hogan, Kenny, Carey, Travers, Mooney, Court, Edyvean, Hennig, Fiat, Jerome, Earle, Porter, Green, Tanton, Balls, Simpson, Mallett, Jessup, Lancaster, Paton, McMahon, Cahill, Morse, Cartwright, Wells, Hardy, Rice, Riley,