Author Topic: Andrew Millar from Ayrshire  (Read 175 times)

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Andrew Millar from Ayrshire
« on: Monday 29 January 18 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi to all, I am wondering if someone can help trace a marriage in Ayrshire of Andrew Millar to Ann Barrowman, some where around Irvine or Kilwinning. Searching between births and census info I have found 4 children, Janet, Edward, James and Andrew, 3 were born in Irvine and the youngest in Kilwinning, Janet was the eldest, born around 1839 according to 1841 census, which matches with her death age , 1883 in South Africa. I am thinking the marriage of Andrew and Ann must have been around 1839. I also can't find Ann's death, she is listed as deceased on marriage records for Janet in 1861, any help appreciated.
Cheers
Craig

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Millar from Ayrshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 January 18 08:00 GMT (UK) »
The wedding is on Scotlands People website Ann name is spelt Anne Barrewman and Millar is spelt with an e

They were married Irvine 1837

When was the youngest born as no luck in finding a death possibily died before 1855 and death not recorded

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Millar from Ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 January 18 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, I tried changing the first vowels in my searches but not that one, probably why I haven't found it. The youngest child was Andrew born in 1846 in Kilwinning. Ann is in the 1851 census in Kilwinning aged 30 but Andrew ( who would have been 4 ) is not listed, I assume he may have died
Craig