Author Topic: Andrew Millar from Ayrshire  (Read 816 times)

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Andrew Millar from Ayrshire
« on: Monday 29 January 18 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi to all, I am wondering if someone can help trace a marriage in Ayrshire of Andrew Millar to Ann Barrowman, some where around Irvine or Kilwinning. Searching between births and census info I have found 4 children, Janet, Edward, James and Andrew, 3 were born in Irvine and the youngest in Kilwinning, Janet was the eldest, born around 1839 according to 1841 census, which matches with her death age , 1883 in South Africa. I am thinking the marriage of Andrew and Ann must have been around 1839. I also can't find Ann's death, she is listed as deceased on marriage records for Janet in 1861, any help appreciated.
Cheers
Craig

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Millar from Ayrshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 January 18 08:00 GMT (UK) »
The wedding is on Scotlands People website Ann name is spelt Anne Barrewman and Millar is spelt with an e

They were married Irvine 1837

When was the youngest born as no luck in finding a death possibily died before 1855 and death not recorded

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Millar from Ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 January 18 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, I tried changing the first vowels in my searches but not that one, probably why I haven't found it. The youngest child was Andrew born in 1846 in Kilwinning. Ann is in the 1851 census in Kilwinning aged 30 but Andrew ( who would have been 4 ) is not listed, I assume he may have died
Craig