Author Topic: Can anyone enhance an old photo of Alice & Mr Seager for me please?  (Read 395 times)

Offline Currently Thwarted

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone enhance an old photo of Alice & Mr Seager for me please?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter & Wiggy,

Many, Many Thanks for your trouble in making this photo a little clearer.
I take your point regarding the kb size. Unfortunately, that was well beyond my control.
The original photo appears to have been lost and that was what was available to me to post.
Yes, I think it is out of focus the further to the right it is viewed but we have to live with that.

As for whether or not it is the same man, there are 2 different camera angles and in the first photo, Mr Seager appears to be wearing a very large coat so it may or not be the same man.
The second photo possibly shows the man in his 'Sunday best' with a button hole and he may have stood upright for the photo. They both have high cheek bones and the eye set is very similar.

Thank you again, your help is appreciated. regards, jim

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I think they are the same person, Wiggy. Those cheek bones and shape of face/proportions are very similar. Slope of shoulders are the same too.They are taken from different angles, which accounts for differences.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Who are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 09:37 GMT (UK) »
I thought they were the same man too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 09:44 GMT (UK) »
 Ok!     I will bow to your collective superior judgement!    :D :D
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriess,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.