Author Topic: Help needed in finding the birth of Joseph Harpur, Brickmaker Derbyshire  (Read 525 times)

Offline fofofo1966

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed in finding the birth of Joseph Harpur, Brickmaker Derbyshire
« on: Monday 29 January 18 17:17 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the baptism of two children of Thomas Harpur & Sarah Walker [married 11-06-1770 Mickleover Derbyshire]. Their twin sons Joseph & John Harpur were both Brickmakers in Derbyshire and most likely born around 1781. I have those of their brothers & sisters, but somehow can not locate them;  it should exist in the parish register or Bishop's Transcripts, but doesn't appear online. Perhaps in the Derbyshire Records Office. They also have non-conformist records, so I am told.
Family Search
•   Sarah dau of Thomas HARPUR was baptised 4th February 1771 (Littleover)
Littleover parish registers - 1775-1784
•   Sarah, daughter of Thomas and Sarah HARPUR, bap. 04 February 1773 (listed with baptisms in 1774).
•   Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas and Sarah HARPUR, bap. 11 September 1774.
•   Thomas, son of Thomas and Sarah HARPUR, bap. 16 February 1777.
Derby, St Peter’s registers - 1775- 1784 
•   Henry son of Thomas and Sarah HARPUR was baptised September 19th 1779.
Family Search
•   William son of Thomas and Sarah HARPUR was baptised January 18th 1785 (St Peters).
•   James son of Thomas and Sarah HARPUR was baptised October 24th 1786 (St Peters).
•   George son of Thomas and Sarah HARPUR was baptised October 5th 1788 (St Peters).

So four males were baptised to Thomas and Sarah HARPUR.  There is however a gap between 1779 and 1785 when it is possible that two other children could have been born. 

Thomas Harpur & Sarah Walker could be found in the 1809 census which I do not have. 

I reside in The Netherlands and need any help I can get.