Author Topic: 1906 France  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Branching out

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1906 France
« on: Tuesday 30 January 18 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Looking for the birth of a Marie Euginie Marescaux , daughter of a Jean Louis Marescaux and a Marie DeCock. Marie was born around 1906 believed to be in France. I believe Jean was born 21 Sep 1880 - Linselles, Departement du Nord, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France.

Thank you

Offline franckie75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1906 France
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have got the birth certificate of Jean Louis can't go further because I can't read where he got married send me email address and I will forward the act

Franckie

Offline Branching out

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Frankie75. I sent you a PM.
Can you see where his daughter Marie was born in 1906?
thanks again

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Nord records are available online:
http://archivesdepartementales.lenord.fr/?id=etat_civil

In addition to civil records, they have matricules militares. Look for men in these records in the year they turned 20, they often track where they were living through the years as they went through military service.

Louis Jean Marescaux (swapping of first names not unusual in French records) is found as number 3231 in the bureau of Lille.  In 1900, he is recorded as born 21 Sep 1880, Linselles, resident also Linselles, son of the late Jean Baptiste Joseph and of Flore Louise Frenoi (resident Linselles).

However a note is made that as of 20 Jan 1907, he was resident Pérenchies. By April of the same year, at "Duck Luke" (Duck Lake?), Saskatchewan, and the last date on the list, August 1907, has him in Mass (presumably US).

Marie Eugenie Marescaux was born Pérenchies 20 September 1906  (she is acte 101, image 64 in PERENCHIES N / [1905-1909]  )
Jean Louis Marescaux and Marie DeCock married there 14 April 1906 (acte 9, image 63 in PERENCHIES M / [1904-1910] ). 

Marie was born in Belgium but her father died in Pérenchies and her mother was resident there (according to the marriage act), also two of her brothers witnessed the marriage, so it would appear the entire family had moved over. Witnesses on Jean's side were his brother in law and a friend.

Let me know if you need help navigating the archives; once you know the system there is a lot of information available in French records.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Branching out

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so very much Jorose. treasure trove. I will attempt to maneuver the records. I hope that they are bilingual records.
And a shout out to everyone else that has helped so far.

Offline Dolores1944

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 February 19 20:44 GMT (UK) »
First post and not really sure what I am doing.  I googled Jean Louis Marescaux, Linselles, France and this forum came up.  Jean Louis was my grandfather and Marie Euginie was my aunt.  She was married to William Currie.  When all of this information came up, I was extremely interested, as I have a lot of family documents which I would love to share, and would like to know what info someone else might have. Dolores