Author Topic: Looking for information about Hans Stahlberg and family  (Read 2623 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information about Hans Stahlberg and family
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 06:39 GMT (UK) »
We know that the daughter had a son though, so if we only can track her husband's name in some way, the track could continue. I guess I have to buy the death certificates.

The death certificates will not help you with the dau's later life.  She would have been c15 when Hans died. 

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 06:49 GMT (UK) »

Sue there a many news items about him.  He was a book makers assistant according to some.  I didn't bother listing them.  I doubt his real given names were Leslie Robert anyway.  Just a hunch.

Cando
Yes, I see that, but this is the only news item giving his address which matches that of the couple
Gwendoline and Leslie Robert WALKER on the Electoral Roll.

I suspect domestic life was not easy for Gwendoline.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 07:25 GMT (UK) »
There is entry for Hans Oscar Stahlberg in the Lilydale, Victoria Court of Petty Sessions register for 31 July 1959 (drunk and disorderly)

M

Offline erikstahlberg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Let's potentially say that Hans "lost his sh*t" so to speak, when his wife died... What would have happened with his daughter then? Would she be taken to a foster home, or would she be handed over to Jeanne's mother and father? How does it work in Australia?

As for Hans's cause of death... I have tried googling bromureide and the first hit I get is a page about Bromvaletone. Is this the same chemical? If that is the case, it seems to be a sedative that was used during the 60's in Victoria. More information here: https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/259283

If Hans was hospitalized for some kind of psychosis or something in the 60's, would there be a register for that kind of information?

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 21:02 GMT (UK) »
As for Hans's cause of death... I have tried googling bromureide and the first hit I get is a page about Bromvaletone. Is this the same chemical? If that is the case, it seems to be a sedative that was used during the 60's in Victoria. More information here: https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/259283

Use google to learn more.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Do you have old hospital records anywhere in Australia? Where are they stored in that case?

Is it safe to assume that the birth of Barbra happened at St Vincent's hospital in Sydney if they lived on Liverpool Street? It seems to be the closest hospital.

Crown St Womens Hospital is the most likely hospital, and its medical records that contain patient identifying information are usually closed to public access.  https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/archives/collections-and-research/guides-and-indexes/crown-street-womens-hospital-guide

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Further to my post #32

The live link for NSW State Archives includes:

Crown Street Hospital patient records such as birth registers, confinement books, admission books and Labour Ward registers are not held by State Records. Requests for these records should be directed to:

The Medical Records Manager
 Royal Hospital for Women
 Locked Bag 2000
 RANDWICK NSW 2031

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline erikstahlberg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 01 February 18 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Great news! I have found a letter, written to Hans's sister in 1990. The letter is written by a married couple who took care of Barbara the last six months of her life, before she died in cancer on New Year's Eve 1988. It also states Barbara's son's name, it is Nath*n. We still don't know the last name of the son but now i have a fresh trail and I have written to a woman who shares the name of the letter writer. Hopefully this is she!

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 01 February 18 20:44 GMT (UK) »
That is great news Erik  :)  I hope she is the right lady and can tell you all the details and put you in contact with the son.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland