Author Topic: Emigrant Ship Una 22nd November 1849 Botany Bay  (Read 211 times)

Offline dasher63

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emigrant Ship Una 22nd November 1849 Botany Bay
« on: Tuesday 30 January 18 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am searching for a photo of this ship. Would anyone have one they can share or direct me to where I can find one.

Thanks.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrant Ship Una 22nd November 1849 Botany Bay
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 18:52 GMT (UK) »
I know this isn't what you are looking for but there is an article in a newspaper about a revolt on the ship Una.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/59769824

I'm wondering if the National Library of Australia may be able to help if only to point you in the right direction.  Link to their contacts page.

https://www.nla.gov.au/contact-us

Scroll down to the Reader Services section and you can either Make an enquiry using our online form or Ask a Librarian.

Doesn't hurt to enquire does it and you never know you may get lucky and they can provide you with a picture.

Good luck.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.