Author Topic: Wilkinson family Halesworth Suffolk  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Ken S

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wilkinson family Halesworth Suffolk
« on: Tuesday 30 January 18 15:37 GMT (UK) »
 I was in a shop in Strathroy Ontario Canada .. and bought a Tapestry in a frame (country cottage / lane & flowers) pretty picture. On the back was wrote that it was done by an Eileen Joyce Wilkinson of Allington Road Halesworth Suffolk England. Her sister in Mount Brydges Ontatio Canada was the owner (last name Scott). I was just wondering about the history of this pretty picture .. dated 1989
William Stephenson - born 1814 at Doncaster West Yorkshire - married Mary Scott at Cottingham East Yorkshire (Hull) in 1838. Williams parents I believe were another Wm Stephenson and an Alice Carter - married Cantley Parish W Yorks (Doncaster) in 1811..... Other east riding names are Nicholls (Bridlington, Yorks and Wigan Lancs.) and the surname Withernwick.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Wilkinson family Halesworth Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 17:08 GMT (UK) »
If the tapestry is dated 1989 there is a possibility she is still alive.  Rootschat has a no living persons policy

Perhaps you need to contact the shop or her sister for more info
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ken S

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 17:44 GMT (UK) »
yes I did think of that .... breaking the rules again ???
William Stephenson - born 1814 at Doncaster West Yorkshire - married Mary Scott at Cottingham East Yorkshire (Hull) in 1838. Williams parents I believe were another Wm Stephenson and an Alice Carter - married Cantley Parish W Yorks (Doncaster) in 1811..... Other east riding names are Nicholls (Bridlington, Yorks and Wigan Lancs.) and the surname Withernwick.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:26 GMT (UK) »
This would appear to be Eileen's death -

MS Eileen Joyce Wilkinson
Age - 86
Birth Date - 1926
Death Date - 7 Feb 2012
Residence Place at Death - Halesworth, Suffolk

JJ

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 21:09 GMT (UK) »
This would appear to be Eileen's death -

MS Eileen Joyce Wilkinson
Age - 86
Birth Date - 1926
Death Date - 7 Feb 2012
Residence Place at Death - Halesworth, Suffolk

JJ

This lady lived at 1, Allington Road, Halesworth in 2002.
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ken S

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 14:43 GMT (UK) »
 Thank you both for finding that ... it does answer some questions for me.
Sorry had quite the time to put this attach. of picture on here ... if you blow it up, not that clear.
 I am older .. and not that good on computer :P

Offline Dulverton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 May 19 18:19 BST (UK) »
I was in a shop in Strathroy Ontario Canada .. and bought a Tapestry in a frame (country cottage / lane & flowers) pretty picture. On the back was wrote that it was done by an Eileen Joyce Wilkinson of Allington Road Halesworth Suffolk England. Her sister in Mount Brydges Ontatio Canada was the owner (last name Scott). I was just wondering about the history of this pretty picture .. dated 1989

Ken,
Were you aware that many Suffolk families emigrated to Canada in the early to mid-19th century and ended up living in many of the settlements north east of Strathroy. My wife's family were to be found from 1818 to be living in such places as Mount Brydges, Caledon, Bolton, Brampton, Brock, Brantford, Bruce, East Williams, Guelph, Lambton, Middlesex Cty, Peel, Simcoe, Welland etc etc? Many of the children then went west, scary or what?