Author Topic: Margaret Brown (formerly METCALFE)  (Read 1201 times)

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Brown (formerly METCALFE)
« on: Tuesday 30 January 18 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi
    I am trying to find out so information about my mum life., as she is no longer with us we can not ask her

I know she was born the 16th of April 1937 at Princess Mary Hospital Newcastle upon Tyne . her father was John Matthew Metacafe Her mother was Olive formerly Miller . I have her birth cert and it say they were living at 95 Brighton Road Gateshead

How would i find out what school she when to,also i have not found a bapt record for her

Thank you Sandy

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Brown (formerly METCALFE)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Were they still at that address when your mum reached school age or had they moved?  What religion were they?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi I was told that my mum family were C of E, and that the family may have moved to Scotland but that they moved back to the Gateshead/North East area . When my mum was young but so far i have not found any paper work to confirm this. Thank you

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 17:21 GMT (UK) »
The type of info you are looking for is not readily available given it was the 1940's and during WW2

Is your mothers younger brother still alive?  Is he able to provide the answer to your question as it's likely he went to the same school
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 17:36 GMT (UK) »
It won't be easy to find information about your mothers life untill you have some more information
have you tried looking in old telephone numbers for  her parents or electoral rolls once  you have pinpointed them
Your Grandparents appear to have married in Chester Le Street registration in 1934,where their first child was born,your Mum next in Newcastle and then another possible child in Gateshead registration in 1939 is this all of the children or where there more siblings
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi that is all of the children . The first child is in Australia but because she is ill she not able to help and my uncle died 3 years ago . Thank you Sandy

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Google your Mums birth address and you should be able to view photo's of  Brighton Avenue C.E school if they stayed there a few years she possibly attended this one
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 22:50 GMT (UK) »
If you Google a local website called 'Margaret Hall Genealogy' you can click on the Tyne and Wear User Guides section then onto the Gateshead schools.  You will then be able to see what records for the Brighton Avenue school are held at the Archives in Newcastle.

Best Wishes :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thank you everyone . I will give it ago xx