Author Topic: John and Rachel Patton  (Read 2530 times)

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John and Rachel Patton
« on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, i'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with John and Rachel Patton.
John was born in Earsdon/ Hartley in 1798 and apparently married a Rachel Brack in Tynemouth in 1822.
Both John and Rachel are living in South Hetton, Durham in the 1841 census with their children. But by the 1851 census Rachel has been replaced by Ann. Can anyone find Rachel? I can't find a death for her so she just seemed to have vanished.

Cheers, Tom
Gower, Barker, Mayhew, Blomfield - (Norfolk/Suffolk)
Cook, Carter, Smith, Musk, Moss, Staples, Sparkes, Lister, Woollard, Scrivener, Marsh, Arnold, Hazelwood- (Cambs/Suffolk)
Grimwood, Shinn, Fitches, Sustins, Harvey, Sangster, Capps, Blake, Kimmance, Rans, Watts, George, Denny- (Suffolk)
Fishburne, Bartram, Rix, Balls, Porter, Leach- (Norfolk) Slater, Forster (Co. Durham/Nbland)
Taylor, Element, Barnett- (Worcs) Colley, Dobson, Thornton, Priestman, Harper, Spence, Plewes, Mowthorpe (Yorks)

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John and Rachel Patton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, i'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with John and Rachel Patton.
John was born in Earsdon/ Hartley in 1798 and apparently married a Rachel Brack in Tynemouth in 1822.
Both John and Rachel are living in South Hetton, Durham in the 1841 census with their children. But by the 1851 census Rachel has been replaced by Ann. Can anyone find Rachel? I can't find a death for her so she just seemed to have vanished.

Cheers, Tom

Threads merged.
Cook, Carter, Smith, Musk, Moss, Staples, Sparkes, Lister, Woollard, Scrivener, Marsh, Arnold, Hazelwood- (Cambs/Suffolk)
Grimwood, Shinn, Fitches, Sustins, Harvey, Sangster, Capps, Blake, Kimmance, Rans, Watts, George, Denny- (Suffolk)
Fishburne, Bartram, Rix, Balls, Porter, Leach- (Norfolk) Slater, Forster (Co. Durham/Nbland)
Taylor, Element, Barnett- (Worcs) Colley, Dobson, Thornton, Priestman, Harper, Spence, Plewes, Mowthorpe (Yorks)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: John and Rachel Patton
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:15 GMT (UK) »
But by the 1851 census Rachel has been replaced by Ann.

Have you checked freebmd for a marriage for John & Ann between 1841-1851?  The 1851 has a mother in law living with them surname Bland
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carolew, yeah I wasn't sure which board to put it on as it spans two counties. Sorry about that.

Tom

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Putting it on 2 boards with no link to each board risks duplication of time and effort. 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:32 GMT (UK) »
What about this one for Rachael?

Burial

Rachael Paton 14 May 1845 Hetton le Hole, St Nicholas Residence South Hetton Age 51 (so born about 1794).

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Ann Bland was baptised in Durham in 1804 and her mother was Dorothy as per the 1851 Census. I can't find a marriage for John and Ann but in answer to your question what happened to Rachel, she died. The death is not on the GRO site but the Northumberland & Durham Burials Index and the NBI both have a burial for her 14 May 1845 at St Nicholas, Hetton le Hole. Residence given as South Hetton. Birth year given as 1794.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Millmoor, that looks like her and it is in the right area, so I don't think i'll find her in the census. Thank you, Tom

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you emeltom, it's good to put an end to the story. Sad as she died quite young.

Tom