Author Topic: New Office  (Read 6490 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New Office
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 08 February 18 21:35 GMT (UK) »
G
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 09 February 18 10:36 GMT (UK) »
I have never noticed the 'A' before! When I click on that I do get the alphabetical option you mention (I'm learning something new every day!)

Under the letter G -- there is NO 'Get Office' though. Just 4 items;

Get Dropbox
Get Help
Google Chrome
Groove Music

Thank you so much for alerting me to that function.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 09 February 18 11:16 GMT (UK) »
That's me out of ideas so.

BTW you can bring up that alphabet by clicking on any of the letters in the list not just the A.
Very handy way to find apps (as long as you know the correct name).

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 09 February 18 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Since you drew my attention to that section, I've been playing with it --- and discovered that I can move the list downwards. That wasn't immediately obvious as the foot of it is 'hidden' by the largish 'Type here to Search' square. As a result I only had A, and the start of B -- on view.

Have you ever thought of charging for 'Computer Lessons for Dummies'!
Places of interest;

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 09 February 18 11:39 GMT (UK) »
As the "Get Office App is not appearing we need to start looking for other culprits ...

In the Notifications make sure that the "Windows Experience" notification and the tips and tricks notifications are set to off (as in image 1). Also check that notifications from Windows store are also set to off. (scroll down from the first two)

secondly check that notications haven't been building up in the "action center" by clearing it out - in the far right of your task bar (if its on the bottom) you should see an icon as in image 2 - left click on this to open it and any notifications in there that you don't want to keep ou should bin by clicking on "X" in top left corner of each of them.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 09 February 18 11:41 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D
They wouldn't learn much from me, I learnt the same way you are but having things go wrong or something like Get Office driving me batty.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 09 February 18 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Not had this pop up problem but have learned a lot of tips, thanks all 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 09 February 18 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Deirdre -- I am so glad that I am not the only one who has been benefitting from all this information.

I don't even know how the screen shots are being done - but really do appreciate it so much.

Falkyrn --- I will look at your suggestion later -- the screen shot helps enormously. Thank you yet again.
Places of interest;

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 09 February 18 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Pennines - i can do the screenshots, very useful for all sorts of things (inc family history!). There are a few ways but an easy one is the ‘snipping tool’ - it’s under ‘windows accessories’ (in the W section!). Have a look 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....